It's AMAZING what a little MANGO butter and JHERI curl activator can do!!!

oooop2, I see you still hold the crown as the twist queen. Very pretty! Love how thick your DD's hair is.

You're so kind :). I love twist. Definitely my go to style. Hence why I started all of those twisting for growth challenges. Now that it's getting cold, I'll be rocking more twist.
Great job mom, I love the results! :love4: Both of your daughters have beautiful hair!

Thanks so much :)

gorgeous! What brand of activator are you using?

Been using World of Curls. Went to buy some more the other day and the guy at the beauty supply shop said it has been discontinued. Figures since my supply is like 3+yrs old...LOL

Beautiful!

I just used Koils by Nature Hair & Body Butter; the 4th ingredient is mango butter and I'm in love. I may try to find plain mango butter and see it would work...

oooop2 -- I showed your DD pics to my sister for my 8-yo niece because her hair looks just like hers. She's gonna try this on her too. My niece is natural and b/t SL and APL. (And this is for a girl who didn't grow any hair till she was 5-yo and when she did it was superiorly difficult to manage, so my sister relaxed it, which she immediately regretted! So she never applied another relaxer, shaved her near bald and started over! Now her hair is thick and lush!)

You made me go in my stash and pull out my Elasta QP Mango Butter to experiment on a twist (I haven't used it since I've been natural, only when I was relaxed.) Well, that was the most gorgeous twist I've ever seen on MY head! lol! And when I untwisted it, the definition was mind-blowing! So when I do twist it, I'll be using this! Thanks for sharing. Your daughters are beautiful!

You make me want to go wash my hair all back over and do them in some twist.. I just washed my hair last night..:grin: Both of their heads are beautiful.. I think I am the length of your 2nd daughter.. If I could get mine to look like this I would wear this style all winter..

Last edited:
Been using World of Curls. Went to buy some more the other day and the guy at the beauty supply shop said it has been discontinued. Figures since my supply is like 3+yrs old...LOL

oooop2WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT discontinued!!! is this the spray or gel???

So cute! I might try this with my own hair. It might have a problem getting my ends to stay. How are you managing that?

WOW! Gorgeous! Seeing that picture makes me want to put my hair in two strand twists (or can you put my hair in twists for me? :look:)! Thanks for sharing, oooop2!

Niiiiice! I wonder does she realize the true flyness of her hair, yet? LOL I wish I'd have thought to couple mango butter with s-curl. It does nothing for me alone.

such lovely plumy and deelish twists !!!

reminds me that I have an unopened tub of mango butter in the fridge

Beautiful!

I just used Koils by Nature Hair & Body Butter; the 4th ingredient is mango butter and I'm in love. I may try to find plain mango butter and see it would work...

I've never tried plain mango butter. I do like the creamy feel of the Elasta Mango Butter on dry hair. On wet hair it feels terrible.

oooop2 -- I showed your DD pics to my sister for my 8-yo niece because her hair looks just like hers. She's gonna try this on her too. My niece is natural and b/t SL and APL. (And this is for a girl who didn't grow any hair till she was 5-yo and when she did it was superiorly difficult to manage, so my sister relaxed it, which she immediately regretted! So she never applied another relaxer, shaved her near bald and started over! Now her hair is thick and lush!)

You made me go in my stash and pull out my Elasta QP Mango Butter to experiment on a twist (I haven't used it since I've been natural, only when I was relaxed.) Well, that was the most gorgeous twist I've ever seen on MY head! lol! And when I untwisted it, the definition was mind-blowing! So when I do twist it, I'll be using this! Thanks for sharing. Your daughters are beautiful!

Glad your niece's hair is thriving. I'm sure your sister is giving her hair a lot of TLC :) Definitely post pics of your results so we can see. My friend did the same process on her daughter's permed hair. She is going to untwist on Thurs/Fri to wear twistouts.

You make me want to go wash my hair all back over and do them in some twist.. I just washed my hair last night..:grin: Both of their heads are beautiful.. I think I am the length of your 2nd daughter.. If I could get mine to look like this I would wear this style all winter..

Thanks for the compliment. The process definitely took longer to do on my daughter in the 2nd pic. I plan on trying the process on my hair this week, so I'll post pics of the results.

oooop2WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT discontinued!!! is this the spray or gel???

Yes..I know...Guess I'll try Scurl when my World of Curls runs out. I am using the gel.

So cute! I might try this with my own hair. It might have a problem getting my ends to stay. How are you managing that?

My daughter in the first pic has hair that unravels easily, and then TANGLES like crazy. Bunning the ends works well, until the style sets (after about 2-3 day), then she wears it out.

WOW! Gorgeous! Seeing that picture makes me want to put my hair in two strand twists (or can you put my hair in twists for me? :look:)! Thanks for sharing, oooop2!

Ha!! I'm dreading doing my own hair. And your hair is thicker than mine :)

Niiiiice! I wonder does she realize the true flyness of her hair, yet? LOL I wish I'd have thought to couple mango butter with s-curl. It does nothing for me alone.

I keep trying to tell them they have fly hair. I just want them to appreciate their hair and not getting so caught up in having hair that doesn't look like theirs. I hate the products when used solo. And they feel terrible of my wet/damp hair. But this combo definitely works well on my kids hair. Will try on mine later this week.

Beautiful!
How long do your daughter's twists last?

The daughter in the first pic about 10 days before it starts looking TERRIBLE. The daughter in the 2nd picture, about 2wks.

such lovely plumy and deelish twists !!!
reminds me that I have an unopened tub of mango butter in the fridge

I'll have to try using plain mango butter once the Elasta runs out.

Update on my hair:

SO it's been 9 days since I twisted it, and I have used ABSOLUTELY no additional products. My hair still feels super soft and smooth. My only "issue" is that my twistouts have NO DEFINITION. I attempted to untwist a few to see last night, and they just looked flat and limp. So I decided to cornrow my twist to give them more of a defined look. Today I undid the cornrows of my twisted hair.

Here are the results:

So I went from this:

IMG_0562.jpg

TO this:

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

Will attempt to see how long my hair will feel great w/out any additional products being applied.

Thanks for letting me share :)

oooop2 Omg.... Ur twist last 10days to 2 weeks! ugh mine barely last thru the night!!! how do you keep the hair from unraveling?!

you all have beautiful hair!

oooop2 Omg.... Ur twist last 10days to 2 weeks! ugh mine barely last thru the night!!! how do you keep the hair from unraveling?!

you all have beautiful hair!

I really focus on tightly twisting my hair, so I don't have issues w/them unraveling. I also cover at night w/ a satin cap and wear a plastic cap in shower.

HTHs…..

Back