It's all gone!!

BobbieDoll

I have be wanting to go natural for a while. On Feb.7 I got Sengelese (sp) twist. While I was in braids I fell in love with my new growth and decided that I want to go natural as soon as possible. My last relaxer was January 18 and the 2 relaxers before that left my hair underprocessed. I took the braids out and went to a natural salon and had ALL of my hair chopped off. When I went there I had about a little less than 2 inches of new growth but didn't leave with that. I like the cut it's just going to take me a while to get used to the cut. I planned on getting kinky twist until it grew out a little but my hair is way too short for any type of braids. I plan on wearing it out for the rest of this week (I am on leave) and maybe get a wig to wear when I got back to work until I am comfortable with it. I have one question though, is there some1 thing I can do to keep it moisturized throughout the day. Right now it is dry as all get out. All advice is greatly appreciated. TIA!!

http://public.fotki.com/missbjb81/?cmd=neweditalbum&aid=rtkwbrdwbqbdt&return=1

ETA: My TWA is not lopsided the right side of my hair has more curl than the other side so it looks like it's uneven.

Last edited:
Congratulations! And you had A LOT of hair too! You look really cute with your twa.

Be prepared for people to ask you if you've gone crazy/going through a midlife crisis.

BEAUTIFUL....both before and after:grin:

I recomment Shea Moisture's Shea Butter Leave In, or Redken's Butter Treat, or Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream.

Those are my staple products for moisture

Last edited:
wow you sure did do the BC chop .. I am happy for you and you look really cute with your twa . by this time next year you will be APL again I am sure of it .

You look too cute:yep:. You can dilute a conditioner and leave it in, I use aPhogee Balance Moisturizer. A lot of girls like Neutrogena Triple Moisture leave in moisturizer. Now's a good time to start tracking your hair growth rate if you don't know already. I look forward to seeing your hair grow, grow, grow:drunk::drunk::drunk:!!!!

Thanks for the rec's can these products be found in the BSS or do they need to be ordered online?

BEAUTIFUL....both before and after:grin:

I recomment Shea Moisture's Shea Butter Leave In, or Redken's Butter Treat, or Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream.

Those are my staple products for moisture

:blush: I LOVE IT. Yay for you. Maybe for the dryness, you could try an overnight baggy after you have moisturized and sealed. I love your TWA- I think it becomes you:yep:.

Thanks Ladies, you all are making me feel so much better about my decision :bighug: I thought I made the biggest mistake of my life when I went to have it chopped!

MissBobbie! Nooooooooooooooooo!

Girl, you know I was always stalking your fotki!
I loveded your hair! LOL!

You still look cute, Im just in shock ..... forgive me!

You are wearing that twa girl!! You look fantastic, enjoy this stage in your natural journey, I remember how easy it was when I had the same length of hair, and there are days I do miss it. As for dryness, you can cowash everyday, and a good moisturizing gel is Long Aid curl Activator gel (from Walmart), I used it when I big chopped, another natural hipped me to this product because her hair was so soft. I still use it, and you will not get build-up with this gel.

Thanks Ladies, you all are making me feel so much better about my decision :bighug: I thought I made the biggest mistake of my life when I went to have it chopped!

You will get over the fact that bigchopping was a mistake quickly. I felt the same way, but after about a week, I was loving it! Be confident! Others will see the true natural beauty that you are, and admire you for it!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, it really means a lot and thanks for the product reccomendation I will go and get it tomorrow.

You will get over the fact that bigchopping was a mistake quickly. I felt the same way, but after about a week, I was loving it! Be confident! Others will see the true natural beauty that you are, and admire you for it!

I'm so sorry VAqtea. I had to do it, it was now or never. I'll be stalking your fotki now.

MissBobbie! Nooooooooooooooooo!

Girl, you know I was always stalking your fotki!
I loveded your hair! LOL!

You still look cute, Im just in shock ..... forgive me!

Wow, you look stunning with your hair cut like that :yep:

I posted this before reading the other responses. Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks you look stunning.

Last edited:
Back