I'texlaxed my daugther's hair .

cecilie

I finally texlaxed my daugther's hair because I couldnt' maneage with her natural hair anymore ( she's only 4 ) even she didn' t cry like in the past it was very hard for her because of the lenght , for me the texturiser is a miracle .... You keep the texture of your natural hair but you can comb it without any problem .
I think I will not continue to relax I don't want to be completly natural I think that it' s a good alternative to relaxer , I will do it for her twice a year ...
For me I hope I will say bye to relaxer ...
Keep free to leave your comment in my Fotki (Album : shoulder lenght chalenge ...)
Cecilie .

You're the Mom. You did what you felt was your best option. I'm glad that it is working out for you ad your daughter and you're pleased with the result.

How long is her hair?

Im glad you found a solution that works better for your dd's hair. I know if her hair is properly and well taken care of, it'll continue to thrive. I know you'll probably hear that there were other solutions, and there may be, but I believe she couldn't be in better capable trustworthy hands than yours. I wish you and dd the best. HHG!

I looked in your Fokti and it came out nice! At first, I was like 4 is a bit young but I saw the before pictures and WOW, that is a lot of thick hair to deal with. Well HHG. BTw. what texturizer did you use on her?

I also thought 4 years old was a little young. However, I looked at your before and after pictures. I could not imagine having to comb her hair everyday. I am sure it was difficult for her AND you. It's beautiful but THICK! You did what you needed to do.

I looked in your Fokti and it came out nice! At first, I was like 4 is a bit young but I saw the before pictures and WOW, that is a lot of thick hair to deal with. Well HHG. BTw. what texturizer did you use on her?

I used Just for me Texture softener with sunflower oil.

You're the Mom. You did what you felt was your best option. I'm glad that it is working out for you ad your daughter and you're pleased with the result.

How long is her hair?
You can see in my Fotki . Album : shoulder lenght challenge ....

i think if people are going to use chemicals on a child's head, they should do it sparingly (like you said, only doing it 2x a year) and NOT focus on getting it "bone-straight" (which obviously wasn't your intent, it still has a lot of texture and body) and smearing it on their little scalps which could damage their developing follicles (which i'm sure you didn't do).

keep her hair healthy mama :yep:

i think if people are going to use chemicals on a child's head, they should do it sparingly (like you said, only doing it 2x a year) and NOT focus on getting it "bone-straight" (which obviously wasn't your intent, it still has a lot of texture and body) and smearing it on their little scalps which could damage their developing follicles (which i'm sure you didn't do).

Thank you for your answer I didn't put the texturizer on the scalp . I first had remorse but when I saw how she' s happy now when I say OK we are going to wash your hair , no more tears during one hour at least ...

Im glad you found a solution that works better for your dd's hair. I know if her hair is properly and well taken care of, it'll continue to thrive. I know you'll probably hear that there were other solutions, and there may be, but I believe she couldn't be in better capable trustworthy hands than yours. I wish you and dd the best. HHG!

Thank you girl .

I also thought 4 years old was a little young. However, I looked at your before and after pictures. I could not imagine having to comb her hair everyday. I am sure it was difficult for her AND you. It's beautiful but THICK! You did what you needed to do.

Thank you , I did it because she was very afraid of the "hair washing days" she cried a lot and it was very painful for me I'm happy with the result I washed her hair yesterday and she din't cry and the hair had almost the original texture ...but softer and more manageable .

My daughter has thick hair like that too and she's only 16 months old.

I'm glad it came out well. It looks good!
Your DD is cute . I texturise my DD's hair because she was very afraid of the "hair washing days" she cried a lot and it was very painful for me ( and for the neighbours too ) I think that all the quater remember those days ... I'm happy with the result I washed her hair yesterday and she din't cry and the hair had almost the original texture ...but softer and more manageable .
I have a daughter of 16 months too she has lot of hair like her sister but she's not sensitive scalp like the first one I don't plan to texlax her hair , I maneage it well with regular co-washing and a good home made spray .

Ive heard that relaxers pre-menstrual can damage the follicles permanently is that true?

Thank you girl .

You're welcome. :yawn: Relaxed, natural, texed, transitioning, whateva-- I honestly believe lhcf women know what they are doing. And I place them on a pedestal way above most real life stylists especially the misguided ones I been to in the past.

Ive heard that relaxers pre-menstrual can damage the follicles permanently is that true?

I've never heard that before... I'd guess I should have permanently damaged follicles...:perplexed:look: My mom gave me my first relaxer (Gentle Treatment) at about 10 and that was surely before my first menstrual cycle.

I've never heard that before... I'd guess I should have permanently damaged follicles...:perplexed:look: My mom gave me my first relaxer (Gentle Treatment) at about 10 and that was surely before my first menstrual cycle.
I dunno if its true but its a common thing being said

My hairdresser said it too

I dunno if its true but its a common thing being said

My hairdresser said it too

Oh, I've never heard it. But to answer your question in MY case... No, it did not lead to permanent follicle damage. :)

but I am surprised that dang Jheri curl my mom put in my hair didn't cause permanent follicle damage. :look::lachen:

Oh, I've never heard it. But to answer your question in MY case... No, it did not lead to permanent follicle damage. :)

but I am surprised that dang Jheri curl my mom put in my hair didn't cause permanent follicle damage. :look::lachen:

lol girl I'm glad it didnt cause the same goes for me. My mother had her friend process my hair a few times!

Girl I know how you feel. So I know you did what was best. Thanks for the shout out in your fotki and thanks for sharing. Feel free to pm me anytime with any questions. :kiss: Q

Relaxer applied to the scalp at any age can permanently damage the follicles! It's just a little more sad when it happens to children because they have no control over it and it could affect them for life.

However, I know this won't happen to the OP. Seems like everything is under control. As long as parents are well informed and practice good hair and scalp care than I have no problem with what they choose to do to their children.

Relaxer applied to the scalp at any age can permanently damage the follicles! It's just a little more sad when it happens to children because they have no control over it and it could affect them for life.

However, I know this won't happen to the OP. Seems like everything is under control. As long as parents are well informed and practice good hair and scalp care than I have no problem with what they choose to do to their children.

well yeah your so right about the any age thing! so nevamind

Back