It Works For Me

leona2025

I know a lot of people are using things like Redken (which I love) and Joico and similar lines, but I discovered that my cheap beginning products really work for me. I know there's a lotta label readers out there and people who only want to have the best natural products and I think that's awesome, but I am too lazy to read and find out what all these ingredients are and how they work. I started out with just ORS moisturizer, mane and tail conditioner, and panteen. Then as the PJ in me begin to form I tried everything under the sun including using Queen Helene garlic shampoo when I wasn't shedding which strangely made me shed and Redken Butter Treat. After seeing a bunch of little broken pieces in my sink I decided to take it back to my basics. When my regime was simple and my hair seemed to thrive. I deep condition with a mixture of my Motions Moisture Plus, Porosity Control, Panteen Moisture Mask. It's the best thing I've encountered yet. I Moisturize everyday with Elasta QP Recovery oil moisturizer and then I smooth on the Mane and Tail as a leave in. The mane and tail always stops all my breakage and my hair seems to thicken up. I still have some fermadoyl(sp) and don't know what to do with it. So Ladies name your cheap/or unpopular products and techniques that work for you.

I am proud to say that ALL of my products are inexpensive.:grin: My staples are plain water, extra virgin coconut oil and castor oil, Motions, Proclaim and VO5, just to name a few. I'm glad you've found what works for you.

My hair does well when I take care of my whole body with a healthy diet, plenty of water, adequate sleep, regular exercise and avoiding stress. I think it's more important to focus on what goes IN the body than products ON the hair...this has been my experience.

Cheapy Hits

Pantene Mask- LOVE this stuff. Can't beat the price

Silk Elements Cholesterol- I used to kill this. Haven't used it in a while but I remember it working well on my hair

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave in and dangerously straight conditioner- great items. Super cheap and the leave in lasts me a good while

Motions Lavish Shampoo- Artemis was talking about this with me a long while ago so I decided to try it and its not a bad shampoo. I don't use it consistently but it is a good drugstore bargin

Giovanni products- not exactly super cheap but with them popping up at Marshalls and TJMaxx, I have been able to get big bottles for cheap. The smooth as silk conditioner and shampoo is wonderful.

Elasta QP scalp stimulating shampoo- good stuff. Love the smell and how my scalp tingles afterwards.

ORS- All of their stuff is good stuff.

Smooth and Shine Silk Fusion Conditioner- a perfect mild protein. Leaves my hair strong and smooth. Reminds me alot of the motions silk protein which is really nice as well. Both make great mid protein conditioners in the relaxer process.

Same here, when I was co-washing once a week with Suave tropical coconut cond. and using some as a leave-in sealed with coconut oil my hair thrived :grin:. But then I got all crazy and started pre-pooing with diff. conditioners not realizing that I should've stuck with what was working :wallbash:. So as of last weekend I'm back to co-washing once a week with Suave and using it as a leave-in and daily moisturizer sealing with coconut oil. :yep: Plus I love the fact that I only use 2 products for the majority of my hair-care, the only other things I use are Elasta QP's lye relaxer and their neutralizing shampoo, yes ladies I use Suave cond. after I wash out my relaxer and it works for me. I'm gonna trim off about 1/4 inch from my ends next weekend and then I'll be back on track.

I am proud to say that ALL of my products are inexpensive.:grin: My staples are plain water, extra virgin coconut oil and castor oil, Motions, Proclaim and VO5, just to name a few. I'm glad you've found what works for you.

My hair does well when I take care of my whole body with a healthy diet, plenty of water, adequate sleep, regular exercise and avoiding stress. I think it's more important to focus on what goes IN the body than products ON the hair...this has been my experience.

I hate water and for a long time wouldn't drink it. I found that I will drink more water if I drink out the bottles rather that a glass, which is crazy, but it works.

Cheapy Hits

Pantene Mask- LOVE this stuff. Can't beat the price

Silk Elements Cholesterol- I used to kill this. Haven't used it in a while but I remember it working well on my hair

Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave in and dangerously straight conditioner- great items. Super cheap and the leave in lasts me a good while

Motions Lavish Shampoo- Artemis was talking about this with me a long while ago so I decided to try it and its not a bad shampoo. I don't use it consistently but it is a good drugstore bargin

Giovanni products- not exactly super cheap but with them popping up at Marshalls and TJMaxx, I have been able to get big bottles for cheap. The smooth as silk conditioner and shampoo is wonderful.

Elasta QP scalp stimulating shampoo- good stuff. Love the smell and how my scalp tingles afterwards.

ORS- All of their stuff is good stuff.

Smooth and Shine Silk Fusion Conditioner- a perfect mild protein. Leaves my hair strong and smooth. Reminds me alot of the motions silk protein which is really nice as well. Both make great mid protein conditioners in the relaxer process.

That's exactly how I use it. I want to try Silk Elements Cholesterol, but I really like the Queen Helene. What does it do for your hair.

I hate water and for a long time wouldn't drink it. I found that I will drink more water if I drink out the bottles rather that a glass, which is crazy, but it works.

[/B]

That's exactly how I use it. I want to try Silk Elements Cholesterol, but I really like the Queen Helene. What does it do for your hair.

The silk elements cholesterol was very moisturizing for me. It helped me detangle my hair and was good when I was stretching. I haven't used it in a while so I don't know if they changed it in anyway though. I love Queen helene though. A oldie but a goodies.

BTW...I drink more water when it is in a bottle too.

Not to get off topic, but I think this is very true. Slapping on all the products in the world will rarely have as much of an impact as the above. I swear by water, fiber/lots of veggies, and sleep. I can tell I'm taking care of my hair "internally" by looking at the rest of my body like my nails (very strong, nice natural shine, and very fast growth), skin (no or rare blemishes, dewy, not greasy, nice elasticity, etc), and, not to be gross, but my digestive system ("regular"). It means everything in my body is working well.

Of course, this means thinking long term--and for the hair to look good NOW, products that work for you are key. I've tried expensive stuff, the cheap stuff, the natural stuff, etc--for me, it's a balance--but I had to find that out by lots of trial and error.

Not to get off topic, but I think this is very true. Slapping on all the products in the world will rarely have as much of an impact as the above. I swear by water, fiber/lots of veggies, and sleep. I can tell I'm taking care of my hair "internally" by looking at the rest of my body like my nails (very strong, nice natural shine, and very fast growth), skin (no or rare blemishes, dewy, not greasy, nice elasticity, etc), and, not to be gross, but my digestive system ("regular"). It means everything in my body is working well.

Of course, this means thinking long term--and for the hair to look good NOW, products that work for you are key. I've tried expensive stuff, the cheap stuff, the natural stuff, etc--for me, it's a balance--but I had to find that out by lots of trial and error.

ITA. Poor quality going in, poor quality going out. There is no subsitute for a good diet and lifestyle. I love my vitamins but just taking vitamins without eating right won't take you anywhere either.

the only cheap things i use are silk elements(the whole line), and aphogee shampoo, 2 minute conditioner and pro vitamine leave in. i also consider hairveda cheap and i love all her products.

I love my suave, VO5, queen helen cholesterol, raw egg for protein treatment. I keep it cheap, because I dont want to spend all the money I save from not going to the Hair salon

I like to use natural products but I go through times when I just use the cheapie drug store varieties. They work quite well. For me, a bottle of 99 cent V05 works just as well as some expensive kinds I've used. These days, if I'm going to spend a lot of money it's going to be for quality natural products that are unique in some way. But most of the natural products I use are inexpensive. Coconut oil and shampoo bars get me far. The two products I will spend more money on are henna and sometimes I will buy Goth Rosary conditioner. Besides that, I spend very little.

All of my products are cheap/drugstore brands as well.

My faves are:

1. Garnier Fructis 3-minute fortifying deep conditioner (color shield) $5.99
2. NTM Leave- In conditioner (mixed with water to moisturize my twists!) $4.00
3. VO5 various poos and conditioners $.99 each
4. Hair Mayonnaise $3.99
5. Cheap pre-made oils like Doo Gro and Dr. Miracles $5.99 each
6. Sulphur 8 (rarely use it, but it's worth holding on to) $3.99
7. Water (internal/external) FREE!!!
8. Oh, I forgot JASON biotin shampoo and conditioner

My most expensive product is Biosilk - $12.99 it's great, but I don't like the smell.

The silk elements cholesterol was very moisturizing for me. It helped me detangle my hair and was good when I was stretching. I haven't used it in a while so I don't know if they changed it in anyway though. I love Queen helene though. A oldie but a goodies.

BTW...I drink more water when it is in a bottle too.

Me, too! I bought a big reusable bottle from Wal-Mart that I use around the house and I take plastic bottles with me when I'm out and about.

Back