It was worth the wait

queen92

Hi ladies. I am so happy that I got my relaxer today. It has been a loooooooong two weeks since I took my braids out. It's amazing how your self esteem can be shot if your hair is not done.

When I walked into the shop I felt all giddy inside. I couldn't believe that the day had come. She touched my new growth and she said, "OOOOhhh, your hair is really growing." I felt so good that she could see it. My hard work has been paying off.

After the relaxer was washed out, she trimmed my ends. No SHS. Thank goodness. My progress wasn't in vain. I felt so good I even told her my goals. (That's a no no for me).

I now have hand in hair disease. I can't believe that the perm took as well as it did since I had been using MTG.
I did a mini update in my fotki. Feel free to take a peek.

congrats girl! What kind of braids did you have in? I want to let my hair rest for a while, but I'm not sure which type of braids I should get to do this.

Thank you ladies. I got my braids done at an African shop. They are pencil sized boxed braids. I kept them in for 7.5 weeks.

Queen,

I know the feeling, I had my hair relaxed a few days ago and I feel like a new women. Its amazing what it does for my confidence.
A year ago after a relaxer my hair would be stuck to my scalp with burns and lifeless hair.

And the great thing is that I have this feeling up until week 6 :grin:
Then after that :eek: Depends how my newgrowth and ends choose to behave.

Kizzy x

I am off to check out your album

Congratulations!! I see ya cheezin' in the pics, and you have a right to be, your hair is so healthy, shiny, and thick, the length is comming on in, you'll be at BSL in no time, keep up the good work :up:

You had a right to feel giddy when you left the salon. Your hair looks beautiful! You have made very good progress. Would you say MTG along with the braids help you with your progress?

Heck yeah I was cheesin' in the photos. I couldn't believe that the new growth was so tight in some areas. Ladies, believe me, it was time. I do think that the combination of the MTG, braids, and vitamins helped a lot.

Queen, you have done an awesome job! This gives me so much hope for my hair - mine is somehwere between your Oct and December pics (I'm hoping to get a digital camera for Christmas so I can start documenting). What is your regimine when you're not in braids?

Shout out to RabiaElaine - I checked out your fotki as well - we need progress pics! Are you still using sylver's smoothing/scarf method?

I am going to get my a relaxer put back in my hair in the new year (it's natural and fairly healthy now, but I can't deal with it myself... I'm just praying I don't wreck it :perplexed), and I'm really interested in seeing how it works without the weight of longer hair.

wow girl, you deserve a pat on the back! Your hair looks phenominal, keep up the good work and you'll reach your ultimate goal in no time!

For the next couple of days I'm going to wear it down, oiling the ends nightly with Keracare Essential oils. Usually I flat iron it 1x/week and curl it with magnetic curlers for the remainder.

I'm thinking about bagging it from now on. I need to study the baggy tips before I start. Also, Since the braids are out I will MTG the back of my hair (scalp) 1x/week and from the ears up 2x's/week since that portion needs to catch up.

Wash and condition-1x/wk
Deep condition-biweekly
Heavey protein-every 4 weeks
Lite protein-weekly or biweekly

queen92 said:
Hi ladies. I am so happy that I got my relaxer today. It has been a loooooooong two weeks since I took my braids out. It's amazing how your self esteem can be shot if your hair is not done.

When I walked into the shop I felt all giddy inside. I couldn't believe that the day had come. She touched my new growth and she said, "OOOOhhh, your hair is really growing." I felt so good that she could see it. My hard work has been paying off.

After the relaxer was washed out, she trimmed my ends. No SHS. Thank goodness. My progress wasn't in vain. I felt so good I even told her my goals. (That's a no no for me).

I now have hand in hair disease. I can't believe that the perm took as well as it did since I had been using MTG.
I did a mini update in my fotki. Feel free to take a peek.

Your hair looks great neighbor! Where do you go and get it done because it seems like the stylist isn't a push over like some I've encountered.

Thank you so much for all of the compliments. Hopefully, my hair will keep on doing well. I hope I don't wreck it either. I am getting the itches for color though.

WhipEffectz1- Hey neighbor. I go to a salon in Stone Mountain(Memorial Drive) called ATL Salon. The person who relaxes my hair is named Tia. I've been going to her for 2 years I think. I like her. She's cool.

queen92 said:
Thank you so much for all of the compliments. Hopefully, my hair will keep on doing well. I hope I don't wreck it either. I am getting the itches for color though.

WhipEffectz1- Hey neighbor. I go to a salon in Stone Mountain(Memorial Drive) called ATL Salon. The person who relaxes my hair is named Tia. I've been going to her for 2 years I think. I like her. She's cool.

Thanks, I might have to check her out sometimes in between my visits to Lily's because I don't let them trim my hair. I need to find someone I trust.

Back