Issues

KhandiB

*sigh*

I havent blow dried my hair since the beginning of the summer
I have successfully curbed my PJism
I cut down on my heat usage

yet and still Im not happy with my hair.. :(

My latest hair pic from this past weekend is attached..

My ends though, they arent moisturized enough, Im going to attempt a rollerset again tomorrow (im off work :D ) and hope it turns out good to give me some hope :(

Maybe I need to try something new, cuz Im getting kinda bored with my hair ..

[/vent]

Attachments

• pony.jpg
    pony.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 168
Girl, your hair looks good. Why don't you try flexi-rods or a new updo? Your ends look pretty good too. Just keep it up!! I would kill to have your hair.

Khandiiii!!! What's wrong with it?? It looks beautiful! I love it.

What exactly do YOU think is wrong with it. I just don't see it...:confused:

Girl your hair looks healthy & gorgeous to me! :grin: I don't see a need to change anything. :confused: I do understand how you feel though- sometimes it just seems like we aren't making progress when we really are.

OT: Your little one is sooo cute!

I think you need an intervention...we may have to send you to...Hair Anorexia clinic:lachen:

Your son is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Cute!

You are a lucky woman, Many blessings Chica:)

KhandiB said:
*sigh*

[/vent]

I think your hair looks fantastic. I can't wait until I can achieve a similar look when I press. Maybe that's THE problem...your hair looks like that so often you've grown used to it.

You COULD slap some dax on it and press it everyday for one week...see the end result and then realize how fantasmal your "boring" hair REALLY is. LOL!

Khandi I stalked your album all day. Your hair looks so beautiful!!! I love it- it looks like you made or past BSL!!!
KhandiB said:
*sigh*

I havent blow dried my hair since the beginning of the summer
I have successfully curbed my PJism
I cut down on my heat usage

yet and still Im not happy with my hair.. :(

My latest hair pic from this past weekend is attached..

My ends though, they arent moisturized enough, Im going to attempt a rollerset again tomorrow (im off work :D ) and hope it turns out good to give me some hope :(

[/vent]

Khandi, maybe we need to check your temp!!:lol: Your hair is lookin' really good, chica. Your rollerset looks fine. I was struggling with rollersets, too, until I saw Lonei's and Isis's fotkis. They demonstrated ponytail rollersets, and ever since I've tried it, my rollersets have been looking fabulous. Maybe you should give it a try.;)

Mizani Mami - My ends, they look really dry to me, I think I can blame most of it on the fact I dont concentrate the moist on my ends.
amr501 & trim -Thanks So Much !! Him will be 1 Nexy Sunday!!
goldensensation - Basically Kemi Oyl - I have some Keracare Oil Moist and Profectiv mega Growth Ill give thema try before going to by something else...
determined - No Im not brastrap, Im about an inch or less away.. I will be cutting in Jan most likely, I do have some see thru ends due to a cut of my nape earlier this year - Ill take pics and show u guys :)
gloom - Your probably right, I plan on going to get a little curling iron and just curling my hair in to a bunch of little rods :lol:
gymfreak - I was thinking that too...

I have noticed a good amount of breakage too... I need to do a good Moisturizing Treatment tomorrow too....

My pic isnt a rollerset, it was a fars :lol: thrown in a pony!!

:)

Lemme check the fotki's and see about the pony rollersets. What color rollers do you use to set your hair, and you have to use a flat iron after wards right??

shunta said:
Khandi, maybe we need to check your temp!!:lol: Your hair is lookin' really good, chica. Your rollerset looks fine. I was struggling with rollersets, too, until I saw Lonei's and Isis's fotkis. They demonstrated ponytail rollersets, and ever since I've tried it, my rollersets have been looking fabulous. Maybe you should give it a try.;)

KhandiB said:
My pic isnt a rollerset, it was a fars :lol: thrown in a pony!!

:)

Lemme check the fotki's and see about the pony rollersets. What color rollers do you use to set your hair, and you have to use a flat iron after wards right??
Really?!:lol: Okay, about the rollersets, my hair is about APL, and I use the purple magnetic rollers. When Im done, I dont flat iron the roots. Depending on how my newgrowth is, Ill only blowdry the roots for about 1 minute and thats it. Im telling you, my rollersets look like they've been done by a professional. Also, if you do try it, dont put the rubber band on tight because it will leave a little dent when its all dry. Actually, use the ouchless bands. They are so much better. Girl, just try it, its worth a shot.:p

I'm gonna beat you, Khandi. Your hair is really pretty. Try not to get bored with it. At that length you can do so much - buns, ponytails, braidouts, bantu knots, flexirods, cute updo's...the list goes on and on. My hair is a little longer than what's in my avatar so my only options are phony ponytails and buns. Don't feel down because there are a lot of us who are striving to get to where you are. I wish I could be bored with mine...it won't let me. I spend my time counting how many hairs I lost at every wash. :ohwell: So better bored than frustrated.:D

I cant do it for a month.. But I will make an effort to do it more often...

I wear buns regularly & Braidouts.. Im not seeing alot of progress...

and by protective styles, u talkin about phonies?

MizaniMami said:
Khandi, why don't you try the protective styling for about a month and keep your ends baggied.

What is going on? I'm loving your hair. It's really pretty!!!!! Maybe you can try pinups or different bun styles with chopsticks or something......I mean really your hair is beautiful!!!!!

Thanks girlie!!

Im trying to avoid pjism again!!!
Im reverting back to envying eveyones hair :lol:

n looking at others progress...is making me green :lol:

Ill be ok in a few weeks :)

wadadligyal said:
What is going on? I'm loving your hair. It's really pretty!!!!! Maybe you can try pinups or different bun styles with chopsticks or something......I mean really your hair is beautiful!!!!!

Cayenne0622 said:
I'm gonna beat you, Khandi. Your hair is really pretty. Try not to get bored with it. At that length you can do so much - buns, ponytails, braidouts, bantu knots, flexirods, cute updo's...the list goes on and on. My hair is a little longer than what's in my avatar so my only options are phony ponytails and buns. Don't feel down because there are a lot of us who are striving to get to where you are. I wish I could be bored with mine...it won't let me. I spend my time counting how many hairs I lost at every wash. :ohwell: So better bored than frustrated.:D

i agree. im dying to be where you are.

I think Khandi's going crazy, everyone!:lol: Your hair is gorgeous! When I moisturize my hair, I concentrate on the ends. How do you wear your hair everyday? Whatever you're doing, it's working!

*Bre~Bre* said:
The pic is mighty small but from what I can see you trizzipin! Your hair is beautiful gal :)

You have to click on the picture to make it bigger. I know I was sitting there trying to figure it out.:lol:

Ebony - more often than not I wear it out.. I dont like wearing my hair up much .. I do braidouts, buns and ponytails , but wear it out more often..

BreBre- if you click the pic it comes up bigger

Yeah I feel you on the protective styling tip. Protective styling is really hard for me, because I love my hair down. It has taken me until now (about 6 mos) to get used to it.:look: And even then I still can't wait for the day I relax.:look:

But yeah girl get you some cute phony ponies and let your hair rest for a few weeks, with a baggie on at night or during the day.

..But then again your hair looks good to me.:lol:

I think your hair looks beautiful. Were you able to get your shedding issues solved? It looks very thick. :)

Very pretty Khandi. I know what you mean though. I sometimes feel that my hair is boring as well. I usually wear some kind of ponytail daily and it gets old.

Your hair looks good to me too, why not try a new DC or something, or get some Caruso rollers. Maybe clarifying and trying a henna treatment, and I personally think your fars looks just as good as a rollerset.

Thanks everybody..

MM - Im gonna attempt to do more protective styling :lol:
mom - nah, Im still shedding , some people would have heart attacks if they had my shedding,,, im taking it with stride now :lol: its been like 5 months.. :(
Poka - Yeah, Pony's ar cute, and im starting to wear more accessories like headbands and stuff to make them less boring..
BWE - I was thinking about getting some caruso's .. I saw New York was using them and they seem to work pretty good. Maybe be one of my next investments!!
Chocolate - i do, its a known fact :lol:

Back