ISO No protein/no glycerin leave-in conditioner

LovinLocks

Hello ladies,

I'm finding I need to revamp my hair care routine and I am seeking a leave in condish that does not have protein (I get enough protein when deep conditioning weekly) and sans glycerin. I love it, but it's not loving me lately, too gooey or something.

Also, is there a reason we should not use regular conditioner and simply leave it in? When I did that my hair was soft as a baby's behind (but maybe it's not supposed to be that soft everyday ??)

Thanks in advance.

LL

I'm loving jane carter leave in right now which is glycerine free...I'm not good with recognizing proteins in products but I don't think there's any. As for conditioners it's cool to me to leave it in, you have to watch for breakage because not everyone's hair likes it. When I was doing that I would add some to my spray bottle with water, coconut oil, and during the hot months I also added glycerine. I hope more hair savvy ladies can help you out more.

Last edited:
Sure, you could leave some conditioner in after rinsing out, as long as it wasn't a cond. with a lot of protein...I always do that AND add a leave in conditioner. And my hair comes out baby soft and tangle free. I use Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab as a leave in. No Protein, No Glycerin, but I'm natural. Relaxed hair might find it too heavy. When relaxed I used Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship Leave in. It has protein, but it didn't bother my protein sensitive hair.

Other Protein and Glycerine Free Leave Ins:
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine Leave In
As I Am Leave-In
Kera Care Natural Textures Leave In
Aussie's Hair Insurance Leave In (cheap and has very little protein, no glycerine)

DD, and Longfroing hair, thanks 1,000,000. You've given me some serious stuff to work with. :) I'll be looking these up to see who has what nearby (in this country town it will surely be interesting). :lachen:

CurlRehab-vi.jpg

Is this the CJ leave-in you were referring to, longfroinghair? I found it http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlp...Rehab-Moisturizing-Curl-Treatment#detail-tabs for $20 jar, 8 ounces, plus shipping. So, it would be something like $26.00 for 8 ounces of product which would last me maybe two weeks :blush:. They surely make it sound lovely.

CJ Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oll Conditioner
CJ Beauticurls Leave-in
Oyin Hair Dew
Cush Uncoiled
Donna Marie Hair Whip

Here are a few that have worked well for me:

Oyin Hair Dew (it has a strong syrupy aroma)
Purified Water, Castor Oil, Olive Oil, Organic Aloe Vera Gel, BTMS, Coconut Oil, Olive Squalane, Optiphen (Preservative), Cetyl Alcohol, & Love!

Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme
Distilled Water, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, BTMS, Vitamin E, Panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Horsetail, Nettle, & Lavender Extracts, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Preservative, Lemongrass Essential Oil.

As I Am Leave-In Conditioner
Purified Water, Coconut, Amla, Cetyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Phytosterols, Saw Palmetto Extract, Green Tea Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol, Apple Fruit Extract, Lemon Peel Extract, Sugar Cane Stalk Extract, Beet Root, BTMS, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance, Limonene.

HTH.

Here are a few that have worked well for me:

Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme
Distilled Water, Organic Aloe Vera, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, BTMS, Vitamin E, Panthenol, Yarrow, Sage, Horsetail, Nettle, & Lavender Extracts, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Preservative, Lemongrass Essential Oil.

HTH.

THIS reads tres good! :yep:

Oh wow, I'm adding these to the black friday list, Oyin Hair Dew and Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme. I'm excited to try these.

CurlRehab-vi.jpg

Is this the CJ leave-in you were referring to, longfroinghair? I found it http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlp...Rehab-Moisturizing-Curl-Treatment#detail-tabs for $20 jar, 8 ounces, plus shipping. So, it would be something like $26.00 for 8 ounces of product which would last me maybe two weeks :blush:. They surely make it sound lovely.

Yepp :yep:
That's the one! I Love Curl Rehab. It's actually a conditioner, ur supposed to rinse out, but I leave it in. It's saved my hair from many dry hair days :clapping:

Lol!! It's expensive.....but MEGA thick. You just need a little and then let your hair drink it up, after a half hour you'll feel the difference. I have very thick shoulder length hair, I use it as a leave-in every week. I've had it for over 2 months and its only about a quarter of the way down XD

Oh wow, I'm adding these to the black friday list, Oyin Hair Dew and Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme. I'm excited to try these.

Did ya get 'em DayD? I'm trying to get moved girl and then it's on.

I'm back on the war path to WL hair. I had just about made it '09 then I did a BC, went to GA to my grandson's graduation, bleached it blonde, LOL waaaay OL. Was a good week.

Being the PJ that I am, shoot, I want 9 out of 10 of these suggestions. Oh, and heaveyyyyy handed. Girl, I can't use that "dime-sized" portion they suggest. :lachen:

Back