Is your hair SWINGAMATIC?

sterry

Does it swing automatically.
Long or short.
When you walk or turn your head.
If so how did you get it that way and what product did you use.

My hair was swingalicious for five years when I use to get my hair done by this guy in DC. He was really good, but also very popular and expensive. You'd have to call a month ahead for an appointment, and for a shampoo, deep condition and style - $110.00 The products he used that made my hair so swingy was PHYTO, they're also very expensive.

rofl.gif
My hair is swingamatic for sure after I've been to my stylist for a touchup!! I get a rollerset then he blowdries it with a round brush. After that, my hair is just bouncin & behavin!!
smile.gif

At home, it's semi-swingamatic (
laugh.gif
) after a rollerset. Not as much as after the beauty parlor, but it'll do!!
smile.gif
(Only lasts a couple of days, though...
ohwell.gif
) It's most bouncy when you don't use too many products on it. Just your leave-in and a light serum.
smile.gif

My hair is swingmatic (what a cute word
laugh.gif
) and like Lindy said, esp. after a visit to the bp. But even when i do my hair myself it always has that 'swang' 2 it - i always chalked it up to being natural b/c my whole family has that 'swang' 2.
smile.gif

IT IS SWINGMATIC!
smile.gif
and thats exactly why i dont wear it down anymore. I start getting vain with it and actually do the "swang toss."

Mine is swingmatic after a roller set and doobie, but more so especially after a good trim even though it's only collar bone length. It just gets all bouncy.

Relaxed swang over here! Most after a professional blowout. I get compliments about it being like a commercial after I do it though. I poo,con,blowdry with a little leave in or heat protectant, then flat iron. I use a little serum. Thats it.

A great cut is the first step to swingamatic/swingalicious hair. For me, it's hair that's blown dry and then curled with my ceramic iron and ORS tea tree oil (grease) distributed thru it
smile.gif
That stuff is great. It gives my hair great shine!

my hair is a mixture of 4a/b and is thin but when I have it in a rollerset or a straight wrap it is definately swingamatic and I cant stop myself from swinging it.

When I was relaxed I must admit my hair was SWINGAMATIC.
Now it is NATURIFUL. (Naturally / Beautiful)
Sometimes it is DRITTLE (Dry / Brittle)
But over all it is STROGROTHY (Strong, Growing and Healthy)
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
My hair was swingalicious for five years when I use to get my hair done by this guy in DC. He was really good, but also very popular and expensive. You'd have to call a month ahead for an appointment, and for a shampoo, deep condition and style - $110.00 The products he used that made my hair so swingy was PHYTO, they're also very expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which Phyto products did you use, I'm thinking of trying them.

[ QUOTE ]
debyjay said:
Mine is swingmatic after a roller set and doobie, but more so especially after a good trim even though it's only collar bone length. It just gets all bouncy.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah same here. first time i did a roller set then wrap it after, i was like
shocked.gif
my hear never looked so good. and it was swinging all over the place. i dunno why i never did this sooner!

Mine is swingamatic (I love it!
laugh.gif
) but it's not a product - it's LACK THEREOF....

My hair is instantly less swingy the more product I apply. When I want the full extent of my swing I apply serum only and only to the last three inches of my hair.

I only rollerset and that helps with body and movement too.

I'm only swing-chick when i curl my hair
smile.gif
But at the risk of sounding country i feel like something is crawling on my neck or something when my hair gets into full swing
look.gif
i know people look 'cause i'll keep reaching back there like i'm trying to swat and kill something
rofl.gif

I can't get swingamatic hair myself. Only a stylist can blow dry it in that way...you know, where your hair strands just move and flow and toss. When I was in high school we called it "flingability" LOL...
rofl.gif

The less hair products I use, the more swing I have. I have thick hair, so the less I use, the lighter it is. The best swing I ever got was when I airdried on those fat, purple rollers, took them out once dry, and wrapped it with some Hot 6 Oil.

I agree with everyone who said less product = more swing, if you want swingy hair you have to not add to much to the hair or it'll be stiff. Oh, forgot to answer the question, yes my hair is swingy because if I wear my hair down I don't use lots of product.
smile.gif

My hair is definately swingamatic! To get it that way, I wet set my hair on magnetic rollers and a little bit of oil. Thats all! When I'm walking around anywhere, its has so much swing factor that I can feel it bouncing off of my neck and back. And dont let the wind start to blow because my hair will fly everywhere!!

I have swingmatic hair if I flatiron. My hair is so thick when it's not flatironed, it's just long and fluffy. Besided I haven't been outside with my hair just blowdried.

When it's not straightened, it's not so swingmatic.

Me too. Its not that long yet, but I'm hopeful. I havent flat ironed since August but I loved the way the wind was blowing my hair and the way it moved when I would move my head a certain way. I DIDNT HAVE TO DANG NEAR BREAK MY NECK TO MAKE IT MOVE. Oh the joy of it all.
grin.gif

Ooh,my hair is always swingamatic after getting it done professionally
weird.gif
. The style that gives me the most swing factor is getting a rollerset, when I get one you can't tell me nothin. Look closely at these smilies
weird.gif
driver.gif
that's how much my head is swinging around after a good rollerset
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sterry said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sterry, i'm loving those abbreviations!! i be fighting the drittle hair! it's a constant battle when i wear my hair down, which is why i don't very often! mine is swingamatic because i don't put much product on it. so actually it's a combo of swingamatic and drittle.. umm... SWITTLE!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
[ QUOTE ]
sterry said:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sterry, i'm loving those abbreviations!! i be fighting the drittle hair! it's a constant battle when i wear my hair down, which is why i don't very often! mine is swingamatic because i don't put much product on it. so actually it's a combo of swingamatic and drittle.. umm... SWITTLE!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have Mercy!!!!
rofl.gif

[ QUOTE ]
missykeyana said:
My hair was swingamatic when I had a perm....now it's swingamatic when I put tiny twists in!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here! My hair used to swing when it was relaxed. Now that I'm natural, it doesn't swing when it's loose but it is quite swingamatic when I have tiny twists which I have now!

-Ebony

Back