Is your conditioner bi-mixed or multi-mixed?

DivaD04

While getting ready for my daily poo i've found myself mixing my conditioner. For me, my ultra hydrating cond is mixed with CD's hair elixir and Ojon hair restorative treatment. Which makes my cond multi-mixed. In a bowl while mixed I set my bowl in front of my bathroom heater....very, very, low heat, so when I get out of the shower I can apply my warmed cond and throw on my plastic cap and go. So I want to know is your cond bi-mixed or multi-mixed? And if so with what?

I do this from time to time when my conditioners are running low or sometimes I add some oil to the conditioner and prepoo. I just mix them together, throw on my plastic cap wrap up my head with a scarf or towel and let it go to work.

I might mix conditioners when I am trying to use up. I also have some combos that I love and use all the time:

Aveda DR/Aveda Brilliant - best DC ever :yep:

HE Long Term Relationship/HE Dangerously Straight - silky, straight, detangled hair :thumbsup:

ORS Mayo/Red Palm Oil/SAA - silky, strong hair :grin:

I also add SAA and Honeyquat to a lot of my conditioners for silky, smooth, moisturized hair.

does water count as an ingredient? :perplexed cuz i used to do 50% V05conditioner 50% water for my co-washes. now i add SAA to that so... i'm toeing the line... :lachen:

my son's conditioner is multi-mixed. about 75% Pantene Pro-V all-in-one (shampoo+conditioner) and 25% Wild Growth Hair Oil, with SAA added in.

I mix most of my conditioners. I like to mix Motions CPR or Organis Hair Mayo with Olive Oil Cholesterol and HE Hello Hydration with Aveda Damage Remedy.

I usually add some kind of oil and/or honey to whatever deep conditioner I'm using. Or hemp butter, or avocado butter. I'm thinking I might get some molasses, since I like the idea of adding a humectant, but I don't want my hair to get lighter.

On a whim, I recently used a mixture of Aveda DR and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, with hemp butter, honey, and olive oil. My hair was so moist, and felt so strong when I was finished. That might be a keeper.

I don't really mix, I layer.

I will apply a conditioner and top it off with another.

If anything I add ingredients to some conditioners, like Marine Collagen or Wheat Protein, but I never really mix the actual conditioners.

I might mix conditioners when I am trying to use up. I also have some combos that I love and use all the time:

Aveda DR/Aveda Brilliant - best DC ever :yep:

HE Long Term Relationship/HE Dangerously Straight - silky, straight, detangled hair :thumbsup:

ORS Mayo/Red Palm Oil/SAA - silky, strong hair :grin:

I also add SAA and Honeyquat to a lot of my conditioners for silky, smooth, moisturized hair.

Aiiight cuz! :yep: I'm witchu....I'm witchu...

You know the Aveda DR/Brilliant Combo is my ish...:yep:
I've actually taken it a step further with the multi -
AVEDA DR/Brilliant/Pantene BD Mask/Joico MR

and it's been working, so I'm sticking with it..

Also, I just did the HE LTR with the HE DS (souped up with some WRTC)
and yeah, that's a keeper..:yep:

I also do the ORS Hair Mayo overnight mixed with oils.

If anything I add ingredients to some conditioners, like Marine Collagen or Wheat Protein, but I never really mix the actual conditioners.

Okay....let me find out that I haven't been mixing...I've been layering....

Last edited:
Yes, I love to mix conditioners, let's see.....right now my favorite combo is Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose mixed with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa with added avocado oil, sweet almond oil, and meadowfoam oil. I mix them all together in a plastic bowl and microwave for about ten seconds.

I apply the mixture to freshly washed hair, and deep condition with a plastic cap and a hot towel wrapped around my head for about an hour. This combo gives me super soft hair!

well right now my conditioners are mixed because there wasnt much of any of them.

it's a mixture of tigi moisture maniac, kenra mc, water and grapeseed oil.

when i get more kenra mc...it'll just be that alone because i like best the way it is.

I bi-mix most of the time. I used Nexxus Humectin/Aveda Sap Moss Concentrate/almond oil today. I love mixing the Aveda DR Treatment with the regular DR con too. I'm going to have to try the DR/Brilliant mix!!

Multi-mixed--I mixed it with Motions (which is my base), Mane N Tail, Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing conditioner, shea butter, glycerin, honey, cocoa butter, detangler, an oil blend and anything else that didn't work to a home made mayonnaise conditioner recipe. :club:

Yes, I love to mix conditioners, let's see.....right now my favorite combo is Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose mixed with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa with added avocado oil, sweet almond oil, and meadowfoam oil. I mix them all together in a plastic bowl and microwave for about ten seconds.

I apply the mixture to freshly washed hair, and deep condition with a plastic cap and a hot towel wrapped around my head for about an hour. This combo gives me super soft hair!

oooh, this sounds like :cloud9:. I am so going to try this. Does the TJ's co have mango listed in the ingreidents? Also, with the oils you use how much of each do you add to your mixture?

tia,
tishee

ETA: For the last couple of washes, I have mixed Pantene's breakage defense mask & Silk2 moistec co and I must say that it is AMAZING....yes indeed.

Yeah, I layer more so than mix too. :yep::yep::yep: Recently Ive been layering WEN Lavender with JessieCurl Too Shea.

I mixed a "killer" prepoo last night,left my hair (ng especially) soft and wavy...I meixed Alter Ego Garlic Tratment with AO/GPB,Amla oil, Jojoba oil.Silk Amino Acid,and Dominican Wheat Germ Cond (by BPT) :yep:

Back