Is Wave Noveau....

kim1love

Is this a texturizer or a jheri curl b/c my jheri curl days are over I basically want to wear my hair curly or straight I want to use a texturizer but I hear so many people saying they let a regular perm stay on for 5 min. I would be scared of that wouldn't give me what I want. Has anyone tried wave noveau I am on the web now me and my 5inches of new growth we need help.

my mom has a Wave Nouveau. it's not all drippy and stuff, but it is more like a jheri curl. here's a pic of my mom from my picture trail:

55039273.jpg

she can easily wear her hair curly or straight, but she always wears it curly. i have a texturizer with Affirm lye. i can also wear mine curly or straight...

my hair type is 4A. my stylist applies the Affirm the same way a regular relaxer is applied. the only difference is that she removes it almost as soon as it's applied. she doesn't do any smoothing or working it through...

My mom has a wave noveau too /images/graemlins/smile.gif...Like Adrienne said, it's more like a jheri curl but it doesn't look like it. It looks like naturally curly hair. It's never oily or wet and it doesn't leave stains on anything. She loves it! She's had it for 4 months now. Here's a picture taken soon after she got it....
wave1-vi.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a texturizer or a jheri curl b/c my jheri curl days are over I basically want to wear my hair curly or straight I want to use a texturizer but I hear so many people saying they let a regular perm stay on for 5 min. I would be scared of that wouldn't give me what I want. Has anyone tried wave noveau I am on the web now me and my 5inches of new growth we need help.

[/ QUOTE ]

On another hair board the Wave Noveau is extrememly popular, just about every other thread is about the Wave Noveau. I never looked into it before though, you may want to see what they're saying, I haven't seen it mention too much over here. You can PM for the board, I don't think I can post other boards on this site but it's the african one.

Jen your moms hair is so pretty wonder so is adrienne's for the looks of hers I won't have to cut my hair short. Wonder how a blowout would work on the hair after the wave nouveau?

Thanks guys! My mom had to cut off her relaxed hair to get the wave noveau. She transitioned for 4 months before the BC.

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, that's pretty!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to your Mom's. Just now seeing Jen's moms and that's pretty too.

Wave Nuveau is like getting a curly perm right? Where you roll all the hair with perm rods and then add the solutions and stuff.

I wonder what would happen if you put the rods in while doing a regular perm with Affirm or Mizani, etc. I know the hair cuticle will get straight but I wonder if it would add a wave to it? I'm a try that on a small section next time a relax and see what happens.

Back