is this too much

scarcity21

hair to shed if in a weave for 2 months?

I think i may have lost too much hair and suffered a setback...i dunno:sad:

Attachments

• 105_1208.jpg
    105_1208.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 74
you shed between 50 - 150 hairs per day. multiply that by like 60 days, and that can seem like a lot of hair.

examine the hairs. do a lot of them have bulbs on the end? if so, then it's normal shedding. if they're short, broken-off hairs, then you may want to re-examine how you detangled.

for two months worth of non-manipulation, it doesn't seem like all that much hair in my opinion :yep:

-Did you moisturise well whilst in the weave? I say this because if the hair is too dry this may be breakage rather than shedding.

-Also have you been feeling run down lately?

-Also did you detangle well?
When I took down my weave recently I heavily moisturised and pre-pooed with Vatika to give me more "slip" on take down which I felt led to less shedding.

- Finally you want to really comb out your hair before you even begin shampooing otherwise you will get insane shedding.

a lot of white bulbs...but some broken hair too...we'll see if my hair thinned out later after i DC and two strand twist my hair....i really hope it didnt bcos i want to practice installing my own weave soon.

-Did you moisturise well whilst in the weave? I say this because if the hair is too dry this may be breakage rather than shedding.

-Also have you been feeling run down lately?

-Also did you detangle well?
When I took down my weave recently I heavily moisturised and pre-pooed with Vatika to give me more "slip" on take down which I felt led to less shedding.

- Finally you want to really comb out your hair before you even begin shampooing otherwise you will get insane shedding.

i did but my hair felt very brittle compared to the perimeter that i left out...i dont think the moisturiser i used worked that well...or maybe i didnt moisturise enough...i have been under a lot of stress for the past month related to school and i know that could play a role in excessive hair shedding/loss:sad:

i did but my hair felt very brittle compared to the perimeter that i left out...i dont think the moisturiser i used worked that well...or maybe i didnt moisturise enough...i have been under a lot of stress for the past month related to school and i know that could play a role in excessive hair shedding/loss:sad:

No worries at least you know for next time what you need to do. Setbacks are only a disaster if you do not learn from them.

Just a heads up but recently I have been getting the Neutrogena Tripple Moisture and diluting it down with Rosewater and Infusium leave in to make it more runny. I then use this to moisturize my hair. Also I am thinking of incorporating steaming into my weave reggie to look after my hair under the weave.

I don't think so, in polluted countries such as the U.S hair loss of 100 or more strands per day is normal in less polluted 6-40 strands a day is normal. So tally that up for two years, and I think that amount of hair loss is normal.

I feel like thats fine look at this 2 month hair loss from www.growafrohairlong.com

The quote beside the pic:
This is normal amount of hair shed after wearing my braid extensions for 2 months. The hair sheds 80-100 hairs per day. This shedding is also healthy shedding. This is my hair

http://www.growafrohairlong.com/braidreg.html

You have to learn what is "normal" shedding for your hair and you said you see mostly white bulbs so it sounds normal to me :yep:

Attachments

• 2monthsshedcopy.jpg
    2monthsshedcopy.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 7
Back