Is this style appropriate for a wedding?

Ms Lala

Is this style appropriate for a wedding? I am singing in a wedding, it is before 5pm, and I am not in the bridal party. I was thinking of flat twisting one side. Then flat ironing the other side and flexi rodding it. I am natural so if you have other suggestions I would gladly appreciate them. I need a style that won't take too long to do.
alicia_keys_05_01.jpg

I like that style. My wedding was at 2pm and I would not have minded if the singer's hair was styled like that. I didn't give much direction to my singer as to how he was to dress or anything. However, I do believe that a nice dress and that style would be hot!!!!!!

I think it'll be pretty. But why do you have to flat iron and then flexi rod? Why not just flexi rod your hair wet?

I think it'll be pretty. But why do you have to flat iron and then flexi rod? Why not just flexi rod your hair wet?[/quote]

I want looser curls to show some length and get the full look like in the pic.If I flexirod my wet hair it will be right below my ear and I will have super shrinkage. Maybe I will add a nice flower

Last edited:
I love the style, it looks perfect for the occasion. And I do like the idea of adding a flower on the side.

This looks fine, I just had my wedding and it was in the morning. My singer wore a hat and a beautiful sundress it was very appropriate. But we were outside.

I think that hairstyle will be just fine.

Now for the main question, what are you singing?:band2:

Do you sing at other venues also?

Anything on Youtube? We want to give our sista some props! :notworthy

I think you should airdry your hair before flexirods instead of flat ironing. For one, airdrying would add more body to your hair. I just remembered that you were natural so I don't know if your hair dries more straight or curly but if it dries straighter it would work. Also, airdrying would save you the unnecesary use of heat.

I think it's beautiful and I'm cosigning for the flower idea. You could match it to the wedding flowers/colors:grin:

Ok I think I'm going to go w/this style. I'm going to keep the twists simple on the side instead of doing alot of designs since it's a wedding. When you see the side view of this style there are alot of criss crosses in the braids. I'm just going to do small flat twists.

Back