Is this okay ?

divine

I've put too much heat in my hair, plus it's summer time. I was wonder if it would be okay to put heat in my hair twice a month for six months. I will keep it cornrowed during the time I'm not using heat. I did this for a month last year, but I washed my hair twice a week with the cornrows still in, so I could clean the scalp.

Yeah or Nay ?

Personally I have been using heat my whole life, like on a a everyday basis.. But back then I was not as educated as i am now since I have joined LHCF. Since I have joined I do pay closer attention to my hair and I focus on , conditioner, protein, leave in conditioners and lots of oils and a heat protectant for blow drying and hot curling and i have limit myself to flat ironing or hot curling 1-2 week. So I think if your using heat is fine as long as your washing and conditioning your hair at least one time a week. I use to have breakage when I would wash and blow dry my hair it would be all in the sink and on the floor but since I have been doing the right thing with my hair I getting very little shedding or breakage and that is with using heat. :)

IMO I think it is okay, as long you don't use the highest temperature and don't use it on a daily or weekly basis. But that is just me typing.

My hair just acts better without heat. I'm also scared that if I keep putting heat in my hair, that my curls will become straight.

Back