Is this much shed hair normal?? (pic included)

justnotsure

SO this is after washing my hair and detangling in the shower, under running water, with leave-in conditioner already applied. I have recently done the hendigo process and my hair feels much thicker and stronger. I'm also about 8 weeks post so there is plenty of new growth and my hair is naturally thick! I put my wide tooth comb and a hair clip next to the hair so that you guys could see how much it really was.

I generally don't comb my hair all the time, but I do at least smooth it thru and brush back the edges at night before putting on my silk scarf. Is this enough hair to cause me any concern...I usually have less than 1/2 this much hair at this point in the process....

I'm concerned...:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Oh and this is out of the drain catch...so more hairs could have slipped down the drain!

Attachments

• hair.jpg
    hair.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 116
  • hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 125
Doesn't look bad to me. How often do you detangle like this? That is, is this the amount you lose daily or weekly?

Yeah, looks normal too me..I see alot of shed hair on wash days and thats b/c i dont comb it until then..so you may be seeing days worth of shed hair on your wash days too..

I wish that was all the hair I lost when I detangled i'm surprised I have any left ....don't worry seems like a normal amount

It doesn't look like too much to me. Either way, are you sure all that is SHED hair? Some of it is probably BROKEN hair.

how long is your hair and how often do you comb? i lose more than that on wash day.... but then I don't really comb my hair until wash day.

I think you're fine. Remember, you lose on average 40-100 hairs per day. If you're only brushing back the sides of your hair, then you'll only see shedding (daily) from the sides. When you eventually go in and brush the "insides" of your hair you'll uncover the hair that had shed, but you never combed out.

thanks guys for the reassurance! I'm pretty positive that they aren't all shed hairs. My hair is right past shoulder length and I generally comb every day...I can't go to work without doing so!

I'm just used to it being less.

LOL, you should see how much I get out the drain. You aint got nothing on me, try and triple that. Na your doing good, I would like to get there.

I don't comb everyday. Like once every week or week and a half but I lose waaaaay more than that. I'm also surprised I have any hair left or that it is still full at all :lachen: Yall would be scared if I ever took a pic of it!

Back