Is this Kinikakes site/blog?

The Girl

I was reading Energists thread about the products Dominicans use on there hair. I googled a few things, did an image search and saw this picture:
fashionblog_content.gif
. I am not sure but is this Kini's site as well? I saw she mentioned a few things we mention here...Sorry if it is and I am over reacting. I just hate pic thiefs!:yep:

ETA: forgot to add the link, duh,lol. http://www.nochelatina.com/blogs/archives/2007/04/estilo_hottest.aspx

If that isn't her then it is definitely her hair twin. But the photo does look familiar so I think you might be right about it being Kini.

They are not only misrepresenting the race/culture of the lady in the picture, but they are implying that by using their method of "not" using chemicals, etc, that they can get the same results that Kinikakes accomplished. And we know that although Kinikakes takes outstanding care of her hair, she does in fact relax it. I hope she sues the pants off these people. Low down and dishonest is what they are.

And get this, they are using the image of an African American woman to promote business at latino businesses. Nothing wrong with that if you have in fact been doing the black woman's hair and given her the results you have, but if you haven't, I feel that you have somehow tried to steal the accomplishments of that black woman.

Well they also shoutout roundbrush hair (which is JenniferMD's site) so she possibly knows about this.

I just have to ask this question. If someones picture is online but they do not make it clear NOT to copy that picture, could it be that taking it isnt really stealing it after all, since its online where 1,000 and more people will come to see it?

I dont agree with picture stealing but I just had to ask this question as I was trying to explain not taking others pictures to use for your own personal use like your hair blog or website or whatever to someone and they didn't get it.. I totally disagree with the taking of peoples pictures but some people think tht its ok and there really isn't any harm in at all. So I just wanted to hear how you feel about my question.

I think I draw the line if someone is promoting a product for hair and uses a random photo of someone's hair to portray 'results' of that particular product, when in fact that person never touched the product, nor gave permission for her likeness to be used for promotion of the product. ***Ok, I just saw the link, it's a testimonial and it sure looks like it's legit.

Last edited:
:eek: Dayyyuuummm....I sure hope Kini is getting some type of compensation. Not cool if they stole the pic to promote their items. :nono:

I am not too sure about what is going on here because they make a reference to roundbrush and use the same pic that Kini has as a testimonial there(roundbrush)....:perplexed

This is getting out of hand first Kini now Sylver. I feel sorry for Jennifer MD (owner of roundbrush) being put on blast for possibly being shady. Has anyone even bothered to contact her or any of the ladies that are pictured on the site to ask if they gave their consent. I would not want anyone to assume that I could possibly be a thief without even asking me about it first. This is not cool:nono:.

This is getting out of hand first Kini now Sylver. I feel sorry for Jennifer MD (owner of roundbrush) being put on blast for possibly being shady. Has anyone even bothered to contact her or any of the ladies that are pictured on the site to ask if they gave their consent. I would not want anyone to assume that I could possibly be a thief without even asking me about it first. This is not cool:nono:.

ohhh, i did not realize JenniferMD owned roundbrush. That definitely makes this so much less sketch. Whew, I feel much better, she probably has their permission. And if not, I am sure it would be much more easy for them to work it out since they already know each other from this board.

ohhh, i did not realize JenniferMD owned roundbrush. That definitely makes this so much less sketch. Whew, I feel much better, she probably has their permission. And if not, I am sure it would be much more easy for them to work it out since they already know each other from this board.

:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

Sorry but I dont think that is KiniKakes in the picture, one I think Kini's hair is slightly longer and no offence to the girl in the picture but I think Kini's less chubby than the girl in that picture...:look:

Sorry but I dont think that is KiniKakes in the picture, one I think Kini's hair is slightly longer and no offence to the girl in the picture but I think Kini's less chubby than the girl in that picture...:look:

That is definately Kini's pic she confirmed it :look:

:blush:....Oh....well I hope she sorts that out soon....who knows... what else are these people going to steal from fotki...

Back