Is this a good regime?

CaptainSyrup

As some of you know, I recently got my hair relaxed, and I was wondering if I've been taking good care of it.

I have a problem with breakage/shedding, and I'm afraid that if I'm not doing everything right, my hair will fall out some months down the road. So, I thought I would ask you guys if my regime needed any changing instead of waiting to see if it worked in the long run.

This is what I do so far:
CO-Wash daily w/ Vive conditioner for chemically relaxed hair
Shampoo once a week with Vive shampoo,
And after I co wash and my hair is dry I'll put on some ORS hair lotion.

I'm also taking Biotin, and NuHair for thinning hair. (I don't have thinning hair, but I have fine hair, so I thought it might help. :lol:)

I want to be sure that I'm doing enough for my hair to stay healthy. Any suggestions?

Maybe you could add a deep conditioning in there or a protein treatment for the breakage? I love conditioner washing, but I'm pretty sure that Vive conditioner hair cones in it. I'm just guessing from my knowledge of that line. I avoid using cones in my conditioner washing, as I worry they'll build up and keep my hair from absorbing moisture. It might not be a problem for you though, but something you could keep an eye on.

It sounds like a good and simple regimen though :)

KittenLongPaw said:
Maybe you could add a deep conditioning in there or a protein treatment for the breakage? I love conditioner washing, but I'm pretty sure that Vive conditioner hair cones in it. I'm just guessing from my knowledge of that line. I avoid using cones in my conditioner washing, as I worry they'll build up and keep my hair from absorbing moisture. It might not be a problem for you though, but something you could keep an eye on.

It sounds like a good and simple regimen though :)

I was going to suggest deep conditioning at lease once a week if you can add that into your regime. Looks like you are on the right path.
*I dont use the Vive line so I dont know much about it.*

Be careful with the daily co-washes. Some people's hair cannot take that much manipulation. I would think you'd be fine with just a weekly wash but I guess you'll have to experiment to find out. My hair dosen't do well with frequent washes. I don't gain length, loose more hair and get breakage. Also, by conditioning daily your hair can become over conditioned in the long run and get soft and mushy and break off. Keep up with your protein treatments to counter act this.

Back