Is there anything I could use in replacement of Twinlab's amino acids?

Tene

I was taking Twinlab Amino Acids supplement a month ago for hair growth. But it made me gain too much weight. I weigh probably 160 now or 165 and it made me shoot up to 170 within a few weeks. Since I've stopping taking them I've lost weight and don't feel as heavy. I don't exercise much, I do some walking though. But I figured that was the reason why. Is there anything I could take in the place of it that won't make me gain weight?

You can try soy(soybean) protein shakes that many vegetarians use with water or skim milk/1% if you arent vegatarian. Or you could try tofu (soy protein) in your salads, soups, and stirfryed veggies, etc. I use chocolate soy protein shakes and it tastes just like chocolate milk. I have not noticed any weight gain but I have reduced my overall caloie intake too so..... I dont know you may have to experiment.

Bee pollen contains all of the essential amino acids and helps maintain a stable weight-i dont know if it has as many grams maybe as twinlab, but you can alternalte between the two of them so that when your not using twinlab then you still have some amino acids coming in, maybe by weeks

Off topic-But did you see any growth from taking the amino acids alone? What do they do help with protein formation?

ThinNnappy said:
Bee pollen contains all of the essential amino acids and helps maintain a stable weight-i dont know if it has as many grams maybe as twinlab, but you can alternalte between the two of them so that when your not using twinlab then you still have some amino acids coming in, maybe by weeks

Off topic-But did you see any growth from taking the amino acids alone? What do they do help with protein formation?

To be honest I have no clue if I seen growth or not. I'm getting good growth but I'm not sure if it was that. I use other products like msm, efa, hair vits, and sometimes mtg. So I'm not sure which is giving me the growth. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I forgot all about the bee pollen and soy shakes. I actually got some soy protein powder in my cabinet.

Tene

I see in your siggy that you have been using twinlab amino fuel which is best for body builders so its likely you will gain weight you should try an amino acid complex with vitamin c and you can also add L-cysteine and methionine for more growth which are the main amino acids for hair production. I personally have done this and have been getting major growth. I also use Chlorella and Spirulina both have amino acids do you research.

zorra said:
Tene

I see in your siggy that you have been using twinlab amino fuel which is best for body builders so its likely you will gain weight you should try an amino acid complex with vitamin c and you can also add L-cysteine and methionine for more growth which are the main amino acids for hair production. I personally have done this and have been getting major growth. I also use Chlorella and Spirulina both have amino acids do you research.

I did use l-cysteine a couple years ago and it did give me good growth. For some reason I stopped taking spirulina and chlorella. Thanks for the info, when I get some money I'll go shopping.

Back