Is there any place where MEN outnumber WOMEN?

Glib - You're right here in the district. a good ole fashioned basketball game at the verizon center and the surrounding sports bars at gallery place. you don't have to book a flight and travel far. my nephew plays for Univ of Pitt Basketball and when I saw him play at the verizon center when they played georgetown. MEN WERE EVERYWHERE. and the nice thing is, u don't have to get dressed up.

go to a redskin (i'm mad that I even typed that since i'm a die-hard Dallas fan) game. men are everywhere. u just have to get out of the house.

Glib - You're right here in the district. a good ole fashioned basketball game at the verizon center and the surrounding sports bars at gallery place. you don't have to book a flight and travel far. my nephew plays for Univ of Pitt Basketball and when I saw him play at the verizon center when they played georgetown. MEN WERE EVERYWHERE. and the nice thing is, u don't have to get dressed up.

go to a redskin (i'm mad that I even typed that since i'm a die-hard Dallas fan) game. men are everywhere. u just have to get out of the house.

But are the men there going to approach and start small talk or just look and stare?
:look:

usually, in a gathering where there are a lot of men, i have no problem in striking up a conversation. use it to your advantage. make it your own little personal speed dating. start small talk re the game, introduce yourself, maybe we can get together sometime, get the number and move on to the next. what have u got to lose.

and sometimes, it could be in your facial expression, that can make you unapproachable. smiling a lot never hurt anyone.

i find that most men approach. they feel you out first, to see who you're with (another guy, etc.). they do the same thing we do.

accentuate the positive. also, the good thing about going to a game, you don't have to get all dressed up. you can easily glam up just using accessories with jeans, etc.

Here is something of interest. may not be where u want to go, but the networking and possibility of finding a husband, i think are endless. read below.

Come one, come all.

Vincent Gray will be the District's sixth elected mayor Sunday, and every celebration surrounding the ceremony is free to the public. This includes the Black Tie Gala. In order to attend the event however, you need a ticket. There will be 7,500 free tickets available Tuesday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Convention Center.

Sunday night's gala will feature D.C. artists Chuck Brown and Raheem DeVaughn along with Style Band and the Yvonne Johnson Trio.

Other events, including the mayoral inauguration, do not require tickets.

The mayoral inauguration and swearing-in ceremony of the Council Chairman-Elect Kwame R. Brown and Councilmember At-Large Phil Mendelson, Councilmember At-Large David Catania, Ward 2 Councilmember Jim Graham, Ward 3 Councilmember Mary Cheh, Ward 5 Councilmember Harry Thomas Jr. and Ward 6 Councilmember Tommy Wells will take place Sunday at 10 a.m. at the Convention Center.

For more information on inaugural events visit Official Website of the Transition Project of Mayor-Elect Vince Gray or call 202-442-GRAY (4729).

Don't give up so easily. All of the info is there, and some events you will not need tickets. Be more aggressive and go to the convention center or call and find out where the other events will be held. It's worth your time. I never said the work would be easy, especially when its something to gain.

I won't be back in time. I fly back to the area on Monday. Oh well. There will be other events.

I need to spend this time with my family. But I want to go! Boo hoo:-/

Back