Is there any benefit 4 Naturals 2 use ACV on their hair?

• Thread starter Thread starter Reslnt1
  • Start date Start date
R

Reslnt1

I have my Jerri Redkin and was going to donate it during the next meet up but i wasnt sure if it still had a purpose in my hair's life....Can someone school me on this subject b4 i ....da****way....
thanks

Hey there,

To answer your question, I think there is a tremendous benefit to the ACV rinses while being natural. I know for me, it allows my curls to be more defined.

I can't speak on moisture or anything else. But I use this after washing and deep conditioning.

HTH

I use an ACV rinse after every wash. A bit more diluted than most though, 1 capful in a jug of cold water. I find it has the following benefits:
- less frizz
- better curl definition
- shinier hair
- less tangles on the rare occasion I choose to comb my hair after leaving the shower

Hey there,

To answer your question, I think there is a tremendous benefit to the ACV rinses while being natural. I know for me, it allows my curls to be more defined.

I can't speak on moisture or anything else. But I use this after washing and deep conditioning.

HTH
I want to start using acv after my cowashes. now i just need a bit of info (step by step) of how much u acv vs. water u use and do u let it sit and then rinse....etc, etc.... please pm me any replies, I would be ever so grateful:yep:

You probably dont need to use it daily. Just once every 1-4 weeks. It will help remove product build up and allow your hair to better respond to the products you use.

i use 1/4 cups acv to 4 cups of water and use it as a rinse. some people use 1/4 to 2 cups - but i use very diluted products. be careful not to use too much - i've heard some people complain of excessive dryness after using too much acv

i use 1/4 cups acv to 4 cups of water and use it as a rinse. some people use 1/4 to 2 cups - but i use very diluted products. be careful not to use too much - i've heard some people complain of excessive dryness after using too much acv
Thank you for replying.:yep:

Hey there,

HTH
beautiful hair:love::drunk:

beautiful hair:love::drunk:

Hijack alert!!!!

thank you. After reading the previous post. I think she may be on to something about dryness. I dismissed it as a result of the horrible dye job I did on my hair prior to taking this siggy's picture. But it might be that I'm not diluting the ACV rinse enough. Or a combination of both. This morning I'm sitting at work with some ORS Replenishing Pak left in from last night. (PJ based on another thread):nono:

I LOVE ACV rinses! ACV helps flatten your cuticles, and since you are natural, your cuticles should be strong and intact, so there is double the benefit!

It's essential for me. I wear twistouts and I used to have to roll my ends when I twisted because they were straight when I took my twists down. Since I've been doing ACV rinses with cold water my ends curl nicely. I also used to have to twist my hair every night(too much manipulation) but now I only have to twist a couple of times a week.

Someone here told me I was using too much(1 cup to 1 cup of water). Now I've cut it down and use half a cup to 2 cups of water.

Does acv not smell weird to any of you? My Hair is in braids and I rarely use it because the scent of it lingers. Maybe I am not diluting enough?

Does acv not smell weird to any of you? My Hair is in braids and I rarely use it because the scent of it lingers. Maybe I am not diluting enough?

I've had the smell linger once. I think I used too much ACV. Usually when I rinse and apply my product the smell goes away.

Back