Is SURGE a HIT or a HYPE?!?!!

Sherynella

Dear board members I have two main questions.
1. To tell you all the truth, when I heard the first good stories about surge I thought it was a hype. I use some products of Keracare, ORS and Nexxus and thought that was OK.
smirk.gif
After so many good messages on this board, I am confused.
confused.gif
Why is SURGE a stayer? I have read the benefits…. But what is the REAL secret of SURGE? Why should I use SURGE instead of e.g. Keracare? Why is SURGE a “stayer”…
2. I have not seen SURGE in Europe yet.... Do you have any addresses where I can purchase SURGE. I want to give this a try.....
ohwell.gif

Sherynella...I cannot answer any of your questions. but I have another question regarding SURGE.

For members who are seeing results with the prooduct.....are you spraying it on you scalp or on your hair? And how often during the day do you spray it?

I guess I am not so fast on the bandwagon.
think.gif

Don't blame me for wanting to know more.....
brainy.gif
I just mailed Surge (surgehair.com) for more info.

I will give it a try anyway, as soon as i find out where to buy the spray in Europe.
smile.gif

Sherynella:
Good question!

I was about to buy Surge based on the raves, but the recent posts about allergic reactions and flaking have made me reconsider.

Coilygirl

It's a hit for me. I have only been using it for a few days and I can already see more hair in the temple area. I don't know what it is about it.

I spray directly on the scalp after finger-parting. Then I spray the hair. Then I apply a blend of essential oils or leave in conditioner. I do this twice per day. Once in the morning and again at night. I have been doing conditioner washes every other night, not because I see flakes because I don't. I just have 23 weeks of new growth so keeping it well-hydrated makes it feel better to my hands when I have hand-in-hair-itis which is all day long.

My scalp itches more though right after I apply it. After that, it stops. I have a sensitive scalp and I'm allergic to a lot things and chemical-sensitive to a bunch so Surge is a keeper for me.

Everyone's skin is different and if you've never had a reaction to any other product in your life doesn't mean you're not going to ever have a reaction. People's scalp flaking could mean that they are having reactions to a single ingredient or a combination of the ingredients. What works for some and what causes problems for some may not work for others or cause problems for others.

And it does make the hair dry, but that's why I put my products on after. It doesn't make my scalp dry though. Or maybe that's what the itching is about. But since I'm rinsing every other day, I don't see any dandruff or flakes. (probably because I'm not having any buildup on my scalp). Buildup of products is usually what causes flakes. Even shampooing sometimes won't get rid of the flakes. Clarifying shampoos, i.e., harsher shampoos may be needed which I recommend either putting something like oil or conditioner on the hair prior to the shampoo to keep the clarifier from stripping the hair while you cleanse your scalp of the buildup.

[ QUOTE ]
coilygirl said:
Sherynella:
Good question!

I was about to buy Surge based on the raves, but the recent posts about allergic reactions and flaking have made me reconsider.

Coilygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I'm not even exactly sure what SURGE is. I guess I'll do a search and also go to the Surge website.

i've been using Surge now for a month and already have results. i see growth on my edges which were thinning after too much braiding. it also keeps my scalp moist new touch up time. i only spray it on my scalp twice a day.

Well, I have been using it for two days now, I bought it on Monday and my scalp is tingling me, now it is itching me, but I don't necessary see it as a bad thing, because I know whether my hair is growing, it starts to itch or sometimes, my scalp hurts and my scalp is warm. Also I've been putting castor oil mixed with olive oil, so that my scalp does not get too dry.
When I started taking flaxseed oil or Hair Formula 37, or Shen min, my hair either itched, tingled or both. So I will continue at least for a while.

Also I noticed this itching when I started rinsing regularly too.

Don cho talk bad bout my Surge (said in my best Gary Coleman voice)

It is definitely a hit...I post pics tomorrow of the growth...I bouught it (I beilieve) 3 weeks ago on Thursday...

Where my sides were once bald...they have filled in considerably...my forehead area was sparse...now it looks like very fine baby hair...

I felt...what seemed like a "drawing up" sensation...but now...no sensation at all. Never had a real problem with shedding...Now I am lucky if I see one or two hairs (I was actully one of those who enjoyed finding a hair or two and examining it thouroughly)...

Since I style my hair in a 2 strand twist-bantu knot out...I spray the Surge on the parted areas...When I take these out...my hair is soft...but strong!

This product has been a great surprise to me...truly a "if it sounds too good to be true..." rule breaker...cause for me...it really is...

Now if I have a unibrow at the end of January...you will know I have a problem!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
It's good product but it was just a little too much protein for my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you stop using it all together DSD? BTW your hair looks beautiful. It's thick, healthy looking and has great shine.

I've been on the Surge bandwagon for the 2nd week. I have seen dramatic results with my hair. It is extremely thicker.
clap.gif
My boyfriend asked me was it time for a retouch b/c it was so thick but I had no new growth and it's only been 2 weeks since my last retouch. Ladies,I know this is crazy-how can some spray may that much of a difference to your hair but it has. My hair does itch after I spray then wrap it, but it's worth it. I'll stratch my hair till my hand falls off if this stuff can grow my hair down to my waist. I thought I was crazy and seeing things and if I told the board or my girlfriends they wouldn't believe me. But it's official I'm coming out of the closet......SURGE WORKS!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

Surge is a HIT for me made my hair thicker and stronger will
keep using for this reason.
I have also noticed less shedding.

So far for me, it is a keeper. It did make my scalp dry but I just go over it with a lite oil.

I saw results in one week. I knew it was new growth because it didn't make my relaxed hair curl up at all. It stayed stick straight while the new grow is coming in in defined waves (how my hair normally grows in when it's short).

I've posted the pictures in my gallery (Transitioning folder)

It's been a keeper and a hit for me. I just like it, I really can't explain it. I hate that I can't spray liberally right now because my hair is straightened and the water in it will cause my 11 month post relaxer hair to revert totally.

Back