Is rosemary oil supposed to smell like Vicks

ChasingBliss

I just bought some rosemary oil for the first time, and while I know it's supposed to have a stong scent, I have no idea what it is supposed to smell like. When I opened the bottle, this familiar feeling came over me and I realized that it smelled like Vicks vapor rub. Is this what it's supposed to smell like
confused.gif
? The man told me that it was 100% pure rosemary oil...But I just dont know
ohwell.gif

I think so. That's what my sister said to me when I got into her car one day. She said you smell like "Vick salve"

Mine does too! Make sure you dilute it well in your carrier oil or your scalp will be in flames...oh and do not use if pregnant.
smile.gif

I recently read of one poster's experience with the flaming scalp. I used safflower oil as my carrier and used it as a preshampoo/ massage treatment. It's sitting in my hair and scalp now, no burning though, as a matter of fact, I feel very little sensation, (maybe I didnt put enough rm) oh well, better to have too little than too much...hopefully, I'll get nice results.
Next time I'll put a little more, cause Im tryna get that mild scalp stimulation thing going.

Yep!

I went through the drive through at Burger King one time and the attendant said "you must be sick." I made a puzzled face and then she said "I can smell your medication."
laugh.gif

It was my Rosemary oil which was great for my dry scalp.

I have Weleda's Rosemary oil hair treatment and it does smell like Vicks. I leave it on overnight before I do my shampoo. Good stuff, but I wouln't wear it outside. It's also good for dandruff.

Back