Is Nexxus' Emergencee any good? What about K-pac

Brownie

Is Nexxus\' Emergencee any good? What about K-pac

What do you think about Nexxus' Emergencee as a reconstructor? Have you tried it, and do you think it's any good? And What do you think about Joico's K-pac reconstructor?

Thanks everyone!

Re: Is Nexxus\' Emergencee any good? What about K-p

Hi, Brownie!

I used the *full line* of Nexxus products from 1990-1997, and, IMO, they were decent, but, I was not so attached to them that I eventually changed to Aveda in November 1997.

Anyway, the Emergencee, as I recall, is an intensive protein reconstructor. It made my hair rather hard, and therefore one should follow with Humetress, a moisturizing conditioner. In fact, I believe the instructions for use for Emergencee even state this.

Like with other intensive protein conditioners, be careful, as their over-use, as I have learned the hard way and via the LHCF, can make the hair dry and brittle, and therefore prone to breakage.

At the present time, I am using the Joico K-Pac - the actual, and not the generic sold at Sally Beauty Supply, although there are ladies on the LHCF who believe that the generic and the brand perform the same. I have used it only once thus far, but was very pleased with the results. I plan to try it again in about a week or two. I am experimenting for the time being with applying intensive protein treatments to my hair about once every four weeks. At the present time, my hair is in greater need of deep penetrating moisturizing conditioners, and not intensive protein conditioners.

One more thing about the Joico K-pac: it is very strong, as it contains human hair keratin. I do not believe that Emergencee does. However, someone else on the LHCF who uses Emergencee may know for sure.

northernbelle

On a high, medium, low scale:

I would call Emergencee a "high" reconstructor

I would call K-Pak a "medium"

and just for an example

I would call Keraphix a "low" (b/c it only works on the cuticle, not that it's bad--it's an excellent, quality product
smile.gif
)

I know this is late, but the reason I like the Emergencee is that it can be used daily for up to a week if you have a serious problem. I prefer the Aphogee myself. I have and use both.

I am loving Joico K-pak right now. Although if the hair is damaged beyond repair nothing will save it. I ended up getting a really good trim/cut last week because my ends were damaged. K-pak did stop the breakage though.

Back