Is Mega-Tek still a fave for '09...

Smiley79

Hey Fam. I've been off the radar for a bit while I was rocking my weaves.:blush: Are you all still loving Mega-Tek...now that I did my BC, I wouldn't mind giving a growth aid a try. I was using BT, and it seemed to do a good job. I didn't use it often because it seemed like it last forever on my scalp, lol. So is Mega-Tek still everyone's fave and are you still seeing results or do you have a new growth aid lover for '09?:grin:

Still loving me some MT... I am planning on using it consistently for the rest of the year to see if I can make APL :)

Ok, well I 'll give it a try....

The Steps to Use it is just to apply directly to scalp every other day or so?

Ok, well I 'll give it a try....

The Steps to Use it is just to apply directly to scalp every other day or so?

Yep, just apply like you would if it were a perm and then massage it into your scalp... You can also add oils if you want... I added Rosemary and Peppermint oil into mine. It has a crazy tingling sensation. In a good way:grin:

Are you Mega-Tek users applying it and then rinsing it out an hour later or simply apply it at bedtime and keep it moving. Can the hair sustain waiting till a weekly wash or does it have to be rinsed out as directed. I'm confused with the 50/50 verdict on how to apply MT.

I loved MT when I was using it and then I fell off...hard!!! I don't know why I haven't used it...this thread has motivated me to start it up again.

I've gotten pretty lazy with applying MT to my scalp. I used to apply it to my scalp faithfully 3x a week. Now I'm lucky to do 1x a week.

:bud:Still lovin' the Mega-Tek. Giddity Up -- Go Horsey Go :bud:

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I'm still getting equine magazines and catalogs....

Are you Mega-Tek users applying it and then rinsing it out an hour later or simply apply it at bedtime and keep it moving. Can the hair sustain waiting till a weekly wash or does it have to be rinsed out as directed. I'm confused with the 50/50 verdict on how to apply MT.

When I'm cowashing daily, I do my cowash or wash... take my applicator bottle and apply to the scalp (specially the edges :lachen:) and then rub it in.. I then do my leave ins and seal. I rinse everyday... I don't use it when my hair is down..just because I think it will make it sticky and take away my bounce.

MegaTek isn't a fave of mine AT ALL!!!

I jumped on the MegaTek bandwagon and stayed on for a while UNTIL MT thinned out my hair due to excessive shedding. As soon as I stopped MT my hair stopped shedding...now I am currently nursing it back to health.

That's great to hear there's still a lot of MT lovers...be sure to share how you're using/applying it as well!

I don't know what happened. Last year there was a 3000+ paged thread dedicated to Mega Tek and now all is quiet... I used it last year and liked it. I stopped cuz I got LAZY. :nono::grin:

What is Mega Tek and where do I buy it?

Mega Tek is what us cowgirls use! Yeehaw! :bud:
its a protein treatment (?) for horses and stimulates hair growth. Apply it to the scalp and it can speed up your hair's growth. I get an average of 1/2 inch a month and while on it I was getting 1 inch a month? Why did I stop, you might ask. Busy schedule and I was always too tired. If you do a search on the forum just follow the closed MT threads and good luck reading all them pages LOL

Anyway you can buy it here for under $30
http://www.saddleuptack.com/webcat/items/item831.htm
http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=30e07c61-7b6a-11d5-a192-00b0d0204ae5

GetThumbnail.aspx

That's how i felt Boston, I used to hear a lot more about it and then it sort of simmered away but it;s good to know that thre are those who still like it and use it. I was just nervous thinking that ppl lost interest or somehting; I oredered mine, so I'll give it a try. After this BC last week, I have nothing to lose at this point.

Im still using it.

I use it as a conditioner right before I deep condition every 1.5 to 2 weeks and also apply it to my scalp once a week. Im a fan for life!

My money has been so tight that I never got to order any. The shipping was just-insane! I want it so badly though. I cut off some of my scraggly relaxed ends to try to get my ends close to each other.

I understand...my money has been a bit tight as well...so I opted to treat myself to the MT versus the OT. My hair is short like yours MrJ! I just did my BC...I hope to have some great results not only through the MT but also through the TLC that I'm gonna give my hair. I'll be doing an update in Oct '09 God willing.

There are many ways to use MT. The way I use it is that I grease my scalp with it every night. I moisturize and seal afterwards. I do this every night and then I wash it out on the weekends and give myself a good moisturizing DC. I don't want to take the chance to use it as a co-wash or DC because I don't know how my hair will react to all of that protein...so I find this way works best for me AND I am seeing results from my application method. HTH!!

Mega tek is wonderful and I love it. I ordered my Mega Tek last Thursday and it came today and I used it.

I'm still using MT. I stopped using it for a month and it caused a set back. It's a permanent staple in my regimen (until I find something cheaper and just as effective to replace it).

There are many ways to use MT. The way I use it is that I grease my scalp with it every night. I moisturize and seal afterwards. I do this every night and then I wash it out on the weekends and give myself a good moisturizing DC. I don't want to take the chance to use it as a co-wash or DC because I don't know how my hair will react to all of that protein...so I find this way works best for me AND I am seeing results from my application method. HTH!!

This is the same way I use mine. One word of caution tho': Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize. (oops that was 3):blush::lachen:

Okay I still praise Megatek for increasing my length however, I feel that it has thinned my hair out significantly, probably due to the shedding (I stopped taking my garlic supplements:wallbash:). I think that I will start using MN more frequently and phase the MT out of my regimen.

Back