Is MANGO BUTTER good for baggying?

gabulldawg

Hello, everyone. I'm really starting to get paranoid about my ends getting split, so I wanted to get really aggressive with this whole baggying thing. Now I need to know what to put in my baggy. I've heard a lot about elasta qp mango butter. Is that something that is good for baggying? If not, do others have any other suggestions? What about castor oil? I've also heard about using vaseline in a baggy. I would prefer something that I could buy at the BSS and not have to order off of the internet. I have heard good things about that whipped baggy cream, but I would really like to start tonight and not have to wait on any products to come in the mail. Thanks in advance! HHG!

I have it and I use it on my edges and it works great for that. But I wouldn’t try it on my ends ever again (relaxed hair) I did it just a couple of days ago after my con wash while my hair was still damp. I put a little on the ends and on the roots and did bantu knots. When I took it down my ends were soooo dry :( try using a regular moisturizer like BB's castor oil , it works just fine. And ive also heard of people using s curl ( I havent personally tried it) , but I also hear too much of that stuff will make your hair mushy.

I have it and I use it on my edges and it works great for that. But I wouldn’t try it on my ends ever again (relaxed hair) I did it just a couple of days ago after my con wash while my hair was still damp. I put a little on the ends and on the roots and did bantu knots. When I took it down my ends were soooo dry :( try using a regular moisturizer like BB's castor oil , it works just fine. And ive also heard of people using s curl ( I havent personally tried it) , but I also hear too much of that stuff will make your hair mushy.

Thanks for the info. I do actually have some of that BB oil moisturizer with aloe and castor oil. It's pink. Is that what you're talking about? I am thinking I could possibly use that and put a little castor oil to seal it. Does that sound like a good idea?

Thanks for the info. I do actually have some of that BB oil moisturizer with aloe and castor oil. It's pink. Is that what you're talking about? I am thinking I could possibly use that and put a little castor oil to seal it. Does that sound like a good idea?

Yes, that sounds str8. ive done it before and my ends came out nice. I think I sealed it with kemi oyl. Castor oil is a good oil to use , I keep forgetting to pick some up.

Yes, that sounds str8. ive done it before and my ends came out nice. I think I sealed it with kemi oyl. Castor oil is a good oil to use , I keep forgetting to pick some up.

Okay cool! I have a plan! I officially finished my first bottle of castor oil so I had to pick up a new one yesterday. I really think my hair has benefitted from using it. The progress that I've seen so far in 4 months encourages me to keep protecting, moisturizing, etc.

Okay cool! I have a plan! I officially finished my first bottle of castor oil so I had to pick up a new one yesterday. I really think my hair has benefitted from using it. The progress that I've seen so far in 4 months encourages me to keep protecting, moisturizing, etc.

That is really good. I have been going back n forth with my hair because I still don’t have a set regimen yet :/ . But im really just now getting the hang of moisturizing and everything. I never thought my hair needed it until now , as I see the difference. Sometimes my shampoos and cons end up really drying it out. I hear so many good things about castor oil and I remembered using it before a long time ago, but I need to scoop some up. There is also this little purple tube called "grape seed oil" that I saw at my bs and bought. Its got a mixture of almond, castor and some other oils in it. I like it so far. Ill have to find it so I can post the ingredients

That is really good. I have been going back n forth with my hair because I still don’t have a set regimen yet :/ . But im really just now getting the hang of moisturizing and everything. I never thought my hair needed it until now , as I see the difference. Sometimes my shampoos and cons end up really drying it out. I hear so many good things about castor oil and I remembered using it before a long time ago, but I need to scoop some up. There is also this little purple tube called "grape seed oil" that I saw at my bs and bought. Its got a mixture of almond, castor and some other oils in it. I like it so far. Ill have to find it so I can post the ingredients

Mzhotniz your hair is GORGEOUS! Your braidout in your fotki looked nice to me even though I guess you thought it was crappy. And that pic of your hair 9 weeks post relaxer is encouraging!! I can't get my hair to look like that at 9 weeks!! What are your secrets?? PLEASE share!

Back