Is Lusters's moisturizer leave in (pink bottle)

Chuli

Is Lusters\'s moisturizer leave in (pink bottle)

bad for your hair? I did a search for it and only found 1 reply. She claims that its damaging...Thanx for the input!

Re: Is Lusters\'s moisturizer leave in (pink bottle)

Um..I think the stuff is garbage..I hated it even BEFORE I started taking care of my hair!

I used this one years ago. I don't know why, but a few hours after applying it my hair felt greasy, but still stiff and dry.
confused.gif
So what did I do? Put some more on, of course!
fishslap.gif

My mother's hairdresser told her years ago that this stuff was garbage and not to use it on my hair.

Tebby

Anything that says Pink/Luster's dry out your hair. Don't use that.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
I used this one years ago. I don't know why, but a few hours after applying it my hair felt greasy, but still stiff and dry.
confused.gif
So what did I do? Put some more on, of course!
fishslap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. When I combed my hair it still sounded like a straw broom.

I have two bottles of this stuff that I haven't used. Is there anyway to make it better by adding something or should I give it away to someone who does use it.

I tried it a couple of years back and didn't like it. It was too heavy for my hair.
smile.gif

... very drying!
down.gif
down.gif
down.gif
(THREE thumbs down)

Could s'one please post the ingredients. Maybe we can identify what makes it so wrong for our hair.

Luster's
Pink Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion

Ingredients
Deionized Water , Mineral Oil , Lanolin , Beeswax , Petrolatum , Sodium Borate , Panthenol Provitamin B5 , Tocopherol Vitamin E , Sorbitan Oleate , Ethylhexyl Dimethyl PABA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Imidazilidinyl Urea , Fragrance , Red #33

its probably the sodium borate(borax)that makes it drying because I've tried moisturizers with mineral oil and petroleum that were good for example Liv creme hairdress

Thanks 4 the ingredient list Norma15
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CICI24 said:
its probably the sodium borate(borax)that makes it drying because I've tried moisturizers with mineral oil and petroleum that were good for example Liv creme hairdress

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting!
My hair hates products that contain wax. Luster's pink oil also doesn't seem 2 contain any humectants!!!
shocked.gif

I used this faithfully for 11 or so yrs off & on. It works best when 1st applied. In fact, it works beautiful... gives lots of shine, body, volume. However, the more u use it, the more u'll begin to notice that ur hair is drying out
confused.gif

I could never understand why that was the case... so what did I do? I just used more of it
fishslap.gif
. Then of course, my hair dried out even more.... It wasn't until I found the hair boards a yr ago when I finally realized what was wrong... Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer was drying out my hair, causing unnecessary breakage, dullness, tangles, etc.

I tell ya', that stuff is like liquid plastic (just being illustrative)... it coats the hair something fierce, then blocks much needed water (moisturizers) from entering.

Cuz the word "Moisturizer" is in the name, I thought it was moisturizing to the hair. THAT'S NOT SO... I soon found out that "oil" is not a "moisturizer", but back then I didn't know any better.
nono.gif

If u do decide to use this, just be very careful of the drawbacks...I would definitely wash 2x weekly to rid the product from the hair.

Another thing, I have clients who still love this product... their hair looks very healthy.. they have no problems... just another example of "what works for sum may not work for others"
ohwell.gif

Take care,
Peachtree

One of the employees at Sally's told me the one time a bottle of this stuff was leaking, so she said she tried to wash it down the sink but she said that it was so thick that she couldn't get it to go down the drain by just running water on it.

i like using it sometimes instead of Vaseline on my ends before putting my hair in a bun. it works great at sealing the moisture from the curl activator in. i would never use it on my hair wearing it down. it's way too heavy...

No not all lusters thing's are bad, how about S CURL

I used to use it, but it is drying, It seems like it's a protective mask and makes your hair stiff. It does make the hair shiny though. I stopped using it about 7 years ago when I first started college.

My roomate said that "the pink stuff" was going to pull out my hair if I kept on using it. So I just stopped using it.

IMHO it is drying to the hair...seems to be a long term effect that it has.

thanx guys! i'll make sure to donate it or something! what should i do with it? sell it on ebay?

It is drying even my pastor said it, he said his barber told him to stop using it because that was what was drying his hair out. Why did my pastor mention this in church on Sunday
laugh.gif
He had a point really he did, but honestly I just remember him saying it was bad for his hair!
smile.gif

Back