Is LONG NATURAL hair becoming a trend???

Mahalialee4

Does it appear that many ladies are either considering transitioning from relaxing, or just opting for mild texturizers instead of bone straight hair? or is it equally true, that many life long naturals are opting for texturizing or bone straight? Is there some kind of hair texture universal shift going on? Either way is okay, but I seem to be picking up that those with bonestraight hair are often mumbling about "growing out their relaxers!" and naturals are mumbling.."I have got to deal with this thickness, this frizz, this shrinkage!" What was the trigger for any of you that are in this valley of decision on this board? Bonjour

I joined the board as a natural and my natural hair has thrived here. The interesting thing for me is that many of the techniques I employ, I got from the relaxed heads. The information on this board is helping to create a trend and doing what it was made to do, "Help Women Of Color Achieve Long Hair." If anything, I think the knowledge that we are gaining and sharing is allowing us to choose to have long natural hair, if we want. Before, many of us lacked the knowledge to make this choice successfully. Many of us have made a mental paradigm shift and realize that long, natural hair can be a reality. Once you make that mental shift, it's amazing how little bit small changes can produce such huge differences and help one reach never-seen-before lengths. One factor is this shift in thinking that is contributing to the creation of this trend.

Chicoro said:
I joined the board as a natural and my natural hair has thrived here. The interesting thing for me is that many of the techniques I employ, I got from the relaxed heads. The information on this board is helping to create a trend and doing what it was made to do, "Help Women Of Color Achieve Long Hair." If anything, I think the knowledge that we are gaining and sharing is allowing us to choose to have long natural hair, if we want. Before, many of us lacked the knowledge to make this choice successfully. Many of us have made a mental paradigm shift and realize that long, natural hair can be a reality. Once you make that mental shift, it's amazing how little bit small changes can produce such huge differences and help one reach never-seen-before lengths. One factor is this shift in thinking that is contributing to the creation of this trend.

i second that before the board i did not even know it was possible to have long hair as a non-mixed black african girl with 4b hair i look at relaxed and natural long haired as inspirations . i started on this board relaxed and me who hated my natural hair decided to big chop and have long natural waist length hair even if my family thinks i m crazy and wonder why i cut my relaxed hair that grew a lot when i transitioned for a year. all these things transitioning, mtg,sulfur, massages everything i learned it from this board and its the first board completely dedicated to growing long hair without false publicity if something works or dont work we can test it, learn something new everyday, meet each other, support each other, ask for advice, and guess what i feel sometimes we better than stylists we know so much we dont even realize it. i m glad that thanks to women worldwide on this board we get to share all our hair secrets and reclaim all our cultural legacy on how to grow healthy hair be it natural or relaxed. the board dont discriminate

Back