Is it ok to DC you hair 3 times in a week?

pureebony

I am asking because my hair is dry dry dry!

so im thinking of doing deep condition treatments 3 times a week, both a mix of protein and moisture based, is this ok? and has anyone had good or bad experiences doing more than the normal dc once a week?

Thanks xx

I think you can do it as long as you don't use the protein too much. I know a set of twins who swim a lot and they always DC at least twice a week. I don't blame them because chlorine is no joke on your hair.

Yup. I used to DC 3x a week with only moisturizing conditioners and it helped my hair to not be dry. After a few weeks of this you should be able to only have to DC 1-2x/week. My hair was at its healthiest when doing this. I just went back onto this regimen this week.

imo if you are using the right deep cons you shouldnt need to do it that much. What deep cons are you using? A good deep con should stay with you for at least 3 days if not longer.

Make sure you arent trying to put a band aid on the problem instead of solving it.

imo if you are using the right deep cons you shouldnt need to do it that much. What deep cons are you using? A good deep con should stay with you for at least 3 days if not longer.

Make sure you arent trying to put a band aid on the problem instead of solving it.

Do you think you could list some good ones? I'd love to have that info too!

my hair is reallly into moisture so I mostly have moisturising dc's

aubrey organics honeysuckle rose and white chamilla
karens body beautiful luscious locks hair mask
giovanni smooth as silk
my honey child honey hair mask and olive you deep conditioner
keracare humecto

As you can tell my hair likes mostly natural stuff

The only protein dc my hair likes at the moment is
organic root stimulator hair mayo

thanks ladies! i am natural so i will ease off too much protein, i dc yesterday and will to again this week. thanks!

Back