Is it a good idea to get micros when the front of your hair is thinning?

LongCurlyLocks

I have been considering micros for a bit since I am growing my hair out and it's getting hot. I have been wearing a wig all winter. I know it will be too hot but because of the thin spot I'm afraid I will lose more hair with the micros. I don't know what to do. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
I wouldn't suggest adding any hair to your hair if it is thinning. It can be heavy as well as cause too much tension. I don't know how long your hair is, but have you tried medium twists on your hair. You may have to redo them every week but it's great for hot weather you can wash/rinse your hair every day without the tangling. Next week wash and retwist. It gives your hair a break, allows your hair to flourish with all the moisture, and easy maintenance. Just a suggestion.

Eta: been wearing my twists and cowashing everyday due to heat. I get the most growth during the summer.

I don't think micros are a good idea period. And if your hair is thinning , you should make the braid parting even larger.

i wouldn't suggest micros for anyone, especially folks with thinning hair.

if you really want them, maybe start your micros 1-3 inches behind your hairline and use gel to slick your edges down.

Well I don't know what I'm going to do with my 3a/b bottom of neck length hair. I don't think I will be able to wear a wig when it's hot.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

What about crochet braids? I think they are a good protective style for fragile edges.

What about crochet braids? I think they are a good protective style for fragile edges.

Crochet braids can also further thin your edges since your hair is cornrowed down and hair is added to it. This added weight plus the traction of the cornrows could make OP's situation worse.

Back