Is heat protectant a must?

shakenspirit

Okay so i have never used heat protectant before i always figured that putting moisturizer in my hair was good enough.I have been considering flat ironing for a couple days now but i didnt because i think my little moisturizer method is a :nono2:
so if it is necessary what kind would you guys suggest...it would be most helpful if it's something i can find at Rite Aid :shopping:so that i can go pick it up soon.TIA ladies

Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Heat Protection Serum

NEXXUS HEAT PROTEXX Heat Protection Styling Spray

Chi Silk Infusion

HTH

I'd say its definitely necessary. :yep: With or without heat protectant, direct heat is still damaging, but the heat protectant minimizes the damage IMO.

I like Organix Coconut Milk or Vanilla Silk serum, FHI hot sauce, and Chi silk infusion

I'd say its definitely necessary. :yep: With or without heat protectant, direct heat is still damaging, but the heat protectant minimizes the damage IMO.

I like Organix Coconut Milk or Vanilla Silk serum, FHI hot sauce, and Chi silk infusion

I agree. I use John Frieda Heat Defeat followed by John Frieda Thermal Protection Serum.

I 've always used heat and " tried " to protect my hair but only did it half heartedly. I use the Organic Root Stimulator Heat Protection Serum now and have genuinely noticed a change - plus I don't feel so guilty when I put heat on my hair now :grin: - but i'd definitely 100% say protect your hair if you have to use heat, obviously it doesn't eliminate the potential damage but it does minimise it! x

i'd say deep conditioning is even more important than a heat protectant. :yep:

however, i do use and like Fantasia IC, which you can find at a drugstore or target or even sally's for about $7.99. it's light and smells good.

I use the Fantasia IC heat protectant on wet hair and go from there. I just spoke w/a coworker that NEVER uses a heat protectant and she flat irons her hair weekly (not to mention under a dryer or using a blow dryer).

I read in SBH from a stylist that if something can burn your skin, its going to burn your hair and there's no "liquid" (cone in this instance) that can protect your hair. I went w/that theory and my hair went NOWHERE so I say, whats it going to hurt by putting that lil protection on your strands?

I think it is...but I also think that heat protectants can be in a good thermal system aside from the traditional spray, serums and lotions.

Fantasia ic heat protectant and straightening polish,its a 2fer. Lol. You get protection and it does help straighten the hair. Pink bottle not the blue or clear one. A little goes a long way. It's usually btwn 6-8 dollars in drugstores and bss

for me, heat protectant is necessary. when i had relaxed hair in 07, and was stretching relaxers, i was flatironing my hair daily without using heat protectant, and i believe that is biggest mistake that made my hair break off. when i transitioned last year, i used to spray on heat protectants and a serum- yes at the same time- and my hair was fine. no heat damage at all and it my hair didn't fall off my head. :nono: :rofl: i can laugh about it now. ♥

for me, heat protectant is necessary. when i had relaxed hair in 07, and was stretching relaxers, i was flatironing my hair daily without using heat protectant, and i believe that is biggest mistake that made my hair break off. when i transitioned last year, i used to spray on heat protectants and a serum- yes at the same time- and my hair was fine. no heat damage at all and it my hair didn't fall off my head. :nono: :rofl: i can laugh about it now. ♥
everyday??girrl you are too brave...could you suggest a serum??:yep:

^^^ i used Regis Design Line Silk Drops Repair & Shine Serum. i loved the stuff, and i only had to use a small amount. and it smells :lick: , kinda like some sort of cologne. ♥

I wouldn't even think about using heat if I haven't done a full protein/moisture DC followed by heat protectant.

Back