Is form rollers good to use on relaxed hair?

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Hello everyone, I will like to introduce myself and can't wait to learn more about better hair care for my relaxed hair. :wavey:

My question is I been using foam rollers for years on both my natural type 4a/4b hair and now on my recently relaxed hair. Woman that I know tell me it's not good to use, but why isn't it good if you put paper wraps around the rollers, and pleaty of moisturizer on the hair before.

If it isn't good to use then what kind of rollers are good to use on hair overnight?

Welcome Sassyb4Classy! :)

If you are using end papers every time, then foam rollers are okay. They are only damaging if one uses them along since the texture pulls and breaks off the hair.

I use Caruso steam rollers from time to time, which are foam, but with end papers although these kind of foam rollers are supposed to be safer than regular ones.

For rollersetting, I prefer the hard, magnetic rollers since they smooth and straighten my relaxed hair while airdrying. :)

I usually pin curl my relaxed hair if I want curls. I rollerset on wet hair and pincurl at night to maintain. HHG

:welcome:

they have the foam rollers with silk wrapped around them now, they sell them at walmart but you could probably just cut up an old sick scarf/

Yea I just bought a pack of 42 satin rollers for 16 bucks at walgreens. I am using them on my flat ironed 4A/B Natural hair. Hopefully it comes out well.

I think the ones with satin are ok to use on any type of hair.

try the satin ones, or mesh rollers. I stopped using foam rollers years ago because most of them are made of silicon, you can liken it to glass slicing away at your hair

Back