Is emailing the new telephoning?

Bublin

...because if it is it seems to impersonal.

I met this guy at a party. I thought he was the DJ. He approached me and offered to buy me a drink. Throught conversation he then told me he was the promoter of the event.
He asked for my email address. I commented that noone has ever asked for that.
He stuck by my side the whole night inbetween 'working' - obviously half the people there knew him - he was very popular.

At the end he asked me for my number. I gave it to him along with my email address.

I didn't hear from him until a week and half later on Valentines Day. He text me to say Happy Valentines. I replied with a 'thank you, same to you'. He replied immediately and said he would call me very soon.

3 days later i went out and by pure coincidence he was there too. He approached me and again stuck by my side and was being very touchy feely.

I'm thinking, 'why doesn't this guy just ask me out already?'

Just before leaving he asked me to email him and asked me if i still had his card. I told him he had my email address so HE could mail me. He insisted i email him.

Can someone give me a clue as to what is in this guy's brain?

By the way he is from West Virginia but has lived in the UK for 14 years (i thought i'd add that in case it made a difference - i've never met an American guy before!)

Oh, i emailed him saying, 'Hello, i have emailed you just like you asked me to.' I Didn't know what else to say.

He just sounds like a playa who likes talking to women but never has any intentions of getting serious with any of them.

Yes, i thought as much.
I'm glad i didn't give him a clue i was really interested.

Why can't men just act normal - is it too much to ask - instead they play stupid games.

Thanks for the input.

Like you said, e-mailing is impersonal. Yes, its the new telephoning. It seems like he wanted to know if you were interested in him. What would be the purpose of you calling/e-mailing him when he asked for your information? (question and comment).

Did he ever get back to you? Just curious!

P.S. That's so cute that Bunny is your dad's nickname! :)

Back