Is baggying over night just as effective as DCing with heat?

Qualitee

I want to wash my hair and DC with a moisture Con. I dont feel like going under the dyer ( Wait! come to think of it, my dryer broke:lachen:). Anywho, if I DC over night will it be as effective as DCing with heat?

My hair feels it is---I don't have my dryer anymore and baggied overnight with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Cream Conditioner and my hair felt soooo strong and soft after rinsing.

I don't baggy over night but I do use a self heating cap (like the mylar balloons) for about 2-3 hours at times and feel it is just as effective if not MORE than when I use the hooded dryer it is a different type of feeling better feeling.

I like to think that it is. I have been doing this in place of DCing since April. I like to mix a DC with a nice oil and cover my head over night once or twice a week.

I use a deep conditioner on my hair during the day for wash and gos. I feel like it works for me.

I've just started doing baggying this week but I have found it to be very effective in keeping my hair well hydrated and moisturized. I baggy each night. The bag or cap traps heat from your body right there on your head so, yeah, I would say that it's just as effective. Just my guess.

I still did my DC this past Saturday though! I just enjoy doing it!

I don't have a dryer, so I always DC without heat. My hair still comes out super super soft. So I haven't considered buying a dryer at all. If it a'int broke.....

Back