Is anyone still using NTM Silk Touch Leave-In

hairgirl

I heard a lot of raves about NTM Silk Touch on the makeupalley.com. How exactly are you using it? When I tried it I think I used too much and it had a boomerang effect. Please tell me how to use on dry hair to get the benefits of a daily moisturizer.

Thank you ladies.

I use this about every 2 to 3 days. I just separate my hair in 2 sections down the middle, then massage a little less than a dime size to each section. I concentrate on the ends and work my way up. I love this stuff. I wear my hair down most of the time. It keeps it well moisturize:)

I use this about every 2 to 3 days. I just separate my hair in 2 sections down the middle, then massage a little less than a dime size to each section. I concentrate on the ends and work my way up. I love this stuff. I wear my hair down most of the time. It keeps it well moisturize:)

O.k., I'm off to Walmart to purchase and try once more. If it works I will retire my grease..................I'll try as you said.

It is one of the best daily moisturizer's out there in my opinion. I used this daily for about 8 month and I grew my hair out 4 inches along with protective styling. I switch to Herbal Essence about 8 weeks ago and I love this product also. It absorbs faster than NTM Silk, less build up, and doesn't have the oily feel after you apply it. Plus it's $2.99 instead of the $6.99+ that NTM Silk is. I would recommend NTM Silk it to anyone who needs a daily moisturizer to hydrate their hair.

It is one of the best daily moisturizer's out there in my opinion. I used this daily for about 8 month and I grew my hair out 4 inches along with protective styling. I switch to Herbal Essence about 8 weeks ago and I love this product also. It absorbs faster than NTM Silk, less build up, and doesn't have the oily feel after you apply it. Plus it's $2.99 instead of the $6.99+ that NTM Silk is. I would recommend NTM Silk it to anyone who needs a daily moisturizer to hydrate their hair.

Does herbal essence have a daily moisturizer? What's the name of it if they do....

Does this keep your hair moisturized throughout the day..............
So far it has. I really like how light it is & it spreads alot easier than USC. I rollerset my hair last Wednesday & still today after using a little NTM everyday, my hair is just begining to look a little heavy. This is good for my hair because it gets weighed down VERY easy :ohwell:

Well,

I picked up a bottle and tried using a lot less and I do notice a difference in how soft and free flowing my hair is. I see where I went wrong last time I used it. I was looking for the same effect as grease...I know, lol.. but it's lighter and not greasy. I will keep using it and see how things go. So far less is more for my hair. Just a dime size applied twice left me baby soft.

:lick:

Yes, less is more for me too :grin: Took me awhile to figure that out. Since im just starting with NTM too, i'll be sure to keep you posted on my results. I will give it until the end of September to decide if it's a keeper or not.

I've been using it for over a year now. Maybe two?

I tried it once on wet hair and never used it like that again. I use it on dry hair when my hair needs moisture and no protein. Like all of my daily moisturizers/leave-ins, I seal with an oil or oil based product.

I've been using it for over a year now. Maybe two?

I tried it once on wet hair and never used it like that again. I use it on dry hair when my hair needs moisture and no protein. Like all of my daily moisturizers/leave-ins, I seal with an oil or oil based product.
When I first got the NTM last year I tried it on wet hair & I didn't like it. I gave it away so I had to repurchase it :wallbash:
So far the results are really good when used on dry hair.

I've been using this as my daily moisturizer once a day for the past 6 months or so. I follow it with either paul mitchell supper skinny serum if my hair is wet or ntm serum if my hair is dry. My hair has been doing pretty well with it.

I agree that less is more with NTM Silk Touch. I use it on dry hair and my hair always feels moisturized. It doesn't weigh my hair down and its great when I want to enjoy wearing my hair down too.

I've been sealing with serum for the past 4 months or so and my hair has been doing quite well.
Thanks! I really prefer serum over oil so this is good news. I've been using serum for a really long time but I was never sure about the whole sealing thing :ohwell:

I've been using Silk Touch on dry hair since February and I love it. That is my staple daily moisturizer. Leaves my hair moist and soft, but not weighed down. I'll either seal with 2 drops of jojoba oil or a tiny bit of the NTM serum (which is a bit heavy)

I love this stuff! It's the only moisturizer I can use on dry hair that keeps it light and bouncy but still moisturized. I use it as a leave-in before I rollerset my hair and as a daily moisturizer when I'm wearing a straight style (btw, the serum is great, too and really fights the frizzies!). For airdried styles, for some reason, I have to use something more heavy-duty to keep my hair moisturized :ohwell:

I use it as a daily moisturizer when I wear my hair down and I love it. I've been using it since I first joined the board and never looked back once i first used it.

I was a little skeptical at first b/c my strands are fine and just about everything I put my hands on weighs my hair down some terrible, but NTM is def. a keeper for me. Now that I am transitioning, it is STILL a keeper. I am 7.5 months post now and I absolutely love wearing my hair pulled back with my little curly cues popping up everywhere. I think the fact that the first ingredient in NTM is water helps the curls POP and also the other ingredients keep my hair very well moisturized.

HTH

BB

Yes, less is more for me too :grin: Took me awhile to figure that out. Since im just starting with NTM too, i'll be sure to keep you posted on my results. I will give it until the end of September to decide if it's a keeper or not.

Hi Itsy,

I couldn't wait until the end of the month because I found something better, Garnier Fructis leave in cream for color treated hair adds a lot of moisture, doesn't weigh me down, less static charge...............NTM was o.k. when I used less, but gave me a lot of static charge and Garnier has no petro./mineral oil.

I swear something was missing from NTM. It was just to lite for my hair. Although using less I did notice my hair was very light and subtly moisturized but not to the point where I felt like my search was over. I was surprised at how the Garnier leave in for color treated felt in my hair. My hair felt amazing all day..............couldn't keep my hands out of my hair.

I just started using it and I looooove it. I tried to use it on wet hair and it did not work that well but using it on dry hair it makes my hair so soft. I been using it on my straightened hair eveyday all week and its not wieghed down at all.

Back