Invitations

CandiedLipgloss

What style of invitations did you all have/want?

I wanted to share what I found in case others are interested.

I want boxed folio invitations:

4kb7IGa.jpg

VTDu861.jpg

4ixhw52.jpg

1aGc7ie.jpg

Unfortunately when I searched, all the prices were coming up as 40-100 per invitation! :spinning:

So I did some digging and found some ladies who did it themselves. :yep:

http://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/our-diy-silk-wrapped-wedding-invites/page/2#axzz2mgwJLHOm

and this lady has video tutorials on how she did hers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXzqv-P3JfY

Luckily FH is a artist, so he's included more ideas on how we can make ours different. I wanted an invitation that could be more like a coffee table keepsake and won't get lost, our wedding is not until August, so I plan to get started now. We priced everything we will need and it will be super cheaper to diy than buying from a company.

My cousin sent her invitation on a piece of cardstock about the size of a business card and I lost that thing within a week. I don't want that too happen with mine. :lol:

Can you share what type of invitations you had or will have

ETA: I really wanted the laser cut invitations but could not find them at an affordable price.

Last edited:
I really want a boxed/gatefold invitation as well but the prices are so high. I'm not really creative so I'm afraid of trying to go the DIY yourself because I don't want it looking cheap and homemade.

I just want something different, not your usual run of the mill invitation. I have even looked into glass invitations.

We went with Davids Bridal invitations. Super pretty but be prepared to set aside an afternoon with family/friends to put them together or pay DB to do it for you

We're doing a travel theme, so I'll have luggage tags, boarding passes and passports.

I'm considering an insert (similar to what OP posted) to put the "travel documents" in but we'll see...those things really raise the cost.

We did custom letterpress invitations. I couldn't find any that I really liked, so we worked with a graphic designer that works specifically in wedding and special events invites. She did a great job and came out a bit less expensive than the Bella Figura invites I was thinking of kind of settling on though I wasn't thrilled with them. I really wanted letterpress because I like the classic and elegant look of it. We got tons of compliments on them. Also, I think calligraphy really makes the invitations stand out.

We did custom letterpress invitations. I couldn't find any that I really liked, so we worked with a graphic designer that works specifically in wedding and special events invites. She did a great job and came out a bit less expensive than the Bella Figura invites I was thinking of kind of settling on though I wasn't thrilled with them. I really wanted letterpress because I like the classic and elegant look of it. We got tons of compliments on them. Also, I think calligraphy really makes the invitations stand out.

yes it does! i'm using calligraphy font on mine :yep:

Back