Interesting convo with my mail lady today!

Coffee

She had a letter I needed to sign for and after I signed it she asked me what would be good for her hair because it stays so dry in this heat. I guess just about every time she brings something to me I have a plastic bag on my head. I wrote down the names of some good condish and then some how henna came up and she started telling me about when she was in Mexico and they used beer to mix with the henna. She said it gives your hair a lighter color to it. She didn't know where to find henna anymore so I gave her 2 bags of mine. I did tell her to make sure to do a DC on her hair after using henna. Next time I henna I'm going to try it with beer. Has anyone used beer in their henna before?

I have never used henna, so i can't comment on the beer , but i think that is great you gave her the 2 bags of henna and the advice, im sure she appreciated it :)

beer, henna, interesting. I'm going to henna later this week. I may try this. though I don't need the lighter color, beer is known to be good for hair.

That was nice of you! ALthough giving up one bag would have sufficed :look:
I've never tried Henna...going to start with Cassia, but beer is good for other things so why not henna?
Make sure to keep us updated!

Well I will report back when I do my next henna in a week or so. I can see how beer would work.

I'm not due for another Henna treatment for two weeks but I will try. I would like to go a little lighter. I am not a drinker can you buy just one can of beer?

I'm not due for another Henna treatment for two weeks but I will try. I would like to go a little lighter. I am not a drinker can you buy just one can of beer?

Yes you can buy just one can of beer. I also use beer in a fertlizer I make for my plants. I get my one can from Wal-mart.

I know some people use red wine to make the color more intense. Will beer do something like that as well?

I have never used beer in my henna, However,I have used beer as a rinse.

I do use beer shampoo bars & it works wonders on my hair....

Happy Hair Growing!

I am back I did it this past weekend my color is lighter burgundy , I love it , hair was soft as well not sure if it was beer , I love my color I cant find my gray yeak

I am back I did it this past weekend my color is lighter burgundy , I love it , hair was soft as well not sure if it was beer , I love my color I cant find my gray yeak

Did you let the dye release with the beer or did you add it right before you put the henna on? I'd be interested in a lighter burgundy hue.

Did you let the dye release with the beer or did you add it right before you put the henna on? I'd be interested in a lighter burgundy hue.

I let my henna sit over night to release and the next day I read this post. I add beer before I put my henna in my hair and then I sat under my heating cap for an hour and spent the other two hours relaxing in the house. I have been doing henna for over three months , and found this was the best color for me ( Nupre henna ) . Also my hands are still stain from Sunday I forgot to put my gloves back on. I am now wearing a black and bugundy pony tail low in the back and it really matching my hair.

Wait, beer gives the henna a more burgandy hue? Or is it beneficial in some other way? I'd always heard that rinsing with beer made your hair have tons of volume... which I DON'T want or need. I wish I could cut down on the volume I have now...

That was nice of you! ALthough giving up one bag would have sufficed :look:
I've never tried Henna...going to start with Cassia, but beer is good for other things so why not henna?
Make sure to keep us updated!

Interesting statement, especially since it wasn't your henna that I gave away :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::.

Wait, beer gives the henna a more burgandy hue? Or is it beneficial in some other way? I'd always heard that rinsing with beer made your hair have tons of volume... which I DON'T want or need. I wish I could cut down on the volume I have now...

So I can get redder color AND more volume? I am so on this.

Back