InStyler Results w/pics

Momstar

Ok I was supposed to post this last weekend but my computer was very ill and my dh wouldn't let me upload pix on his. Anyway. The results were okay but it took more effort than I wanted to put in. Although it does straighten pretty easily it did not get the roots without the risk of a pretty bad burn, so I ended up running through my hair with a pressing comb first to get at those roots. I 'm a 4a natural with various textures throughout. I did not use a blow dryer but let my hair air dry. I shampooed with pantene relaxed and natural and deep conditioned with mane n tail moisturizing conditioner. I put a little pure aloe vera gel on my hair while it was most and I used a little oil while straightening.

The first picture is my hair towel dried with no product. I air dried my hair by sectioning it in four and braidng.

The next picture is a swipe through with the instyler and no pressing comb.

The last two pics are combo of a pressing comb and the Instyler.

I eventually ended up using a curling iron at the ends a little bit. Although the Instyler basically is a curling iron, I didn't get the curl I wanted. I feel like I might like this better if my hair was longer or even if I had a relaxer.

Pros- easy to use, heats up quickly, it looks kind of cool and it doesn't tangle your hair

Cons- it doesn't get the roots, it smells like a too hot curling iron, it's too expensive for what it is.

So I will send this back and I already orderd an FHI flat iron from ebay. This was fun but I think I will stick with more traditional straightening methods.

Attachments

• HPIM0447.jpg
    HPIM0447.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 146
  • HPIM0449.jpg
    HPIM0449.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 163
  • HPIM0454.jpg
    HPIM0454.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 205
  • HPIM0456.jpg
    HPIM0456.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 151
Let me know how the FHI works. Good thing I didn't let my PJ juices flow when I saw the infomercial.:lachen:

Thanks for the review. I always watch the infomercial but was hesitant because I didn't know how it did the roots.

I don't think I'll buy it now.

For that much money you shouldn't have to use all those other tools. I hope you get your money back right away, there's a thread about this product and how their customer service stinks.

Thanks for the review!

For that much money you shouldn't have to use all those other tools. I hope you get your money back right away, there's a thread about this product and how their customer service stinks.

Thanks for the review!

I only paid for the trial period but I need to send it back soon before they charge. My box didn't even have an invoice in it so I hope I don't have a hard time.

I just wanted to know if this would work on our hair, purely for kicks. I was like no way in HELL would that work!!! lol it just seemed too....I don't know, unbelievable. Oh well, thanks for sharing! I'll pass this info on

Back