“insert” 3C/4A (mixed texture only) pics here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

how early on were you able to figure out what texture you were? like i'm only 10 months along in my transition and my roots are pretty damn curly/wavy lol.
I didn't find out until about 6 months after i started wearing me hair out. I posted it on NaturallyCurly.com and Hairlista.com and they all told me my type was a 3c/4a. Seems pretty accurate

I didn't find out until about 6 months after i started wearing me hair out. I posted it on NaturallyCurly.com and Hairlista.com and they all told me my type was a 3c/4a. Seems pretty accurate

6 months???? awwww man! i'm too impatient to wait that long :lachen:

did any of you guys look like this in the early phases???? :pray:

Attachments

• 8 weeks 007.jpg
    8 weeks 007.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 8 weeks 001.jpg
    8 weeks 001.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 204

At first I thought that was me, so I had to pull up my photo and compare. :ohwell: I think your curls are a little tighter than mine. :sad: What do you all think?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 194
At first I thought that was me, so I had to pull up my photo and compare. :ohwell: I think your curls are a little tighter than mine. :sad: What do you all think?

IA. mine do look a wee bit tighter than yours. Maybe when I grow out more, it'll be a little easier to figure out.

I'm no expert, but your new growth looks exactly like my daughter who is 4a/b. My other daughters are 3ish and their hair grows straight for 1/2" to 1" before it starts to curl. If they kept their hair cut really short, it could lay down like a Caesar haircut.

I'm no expert, but your new growth looks exactly like my daughter who is 4a/b. My other daughters are 3ish and their hair grows straight for 1/2" to 1" before it starts to curl. If they kept their hair cut really short, it could lay down like a Caesar haircut.

Hmmm....4a/4b huh? Gonna have to lurk around in that thread too to compare :lachen:

I know I'm seriously tardy for the party :lol:, but I'm a 3c/4a too. Since Hairlab is calling for more pics (and I completely agree), here are a few of mine. Unfortunately, I don't have many photos of my hair without product, but I'll be sure to take more nekkid hair photos in the future. In the meantime:

Transitioning Hair (about 4 months post)

NewGrowth-3x4.jpg

Transitioning Hair (One Year Post)

NewGrowth2-3x4.jpg

Natural Hair (styled with KCCC)

Wash-n-GoKCCC3x4.jpg

Natural Hair (styled with EcoStyler Gel)

Wash-n-GoEcostyler3x4.jpg

I included the transitioning hair photos so others could see what my new growth looked like compared to the 100% natural shots. Hope this helps somebody out there.

It looks like mine did a little bit. Is your hair wavy when you gel it down and use the scarf method?

Lord yes. nothing i do will keep it slicked down very well. i need to find a gel that holds without leaving a heavy build-up and actually moisturizes.

Lord yes. nothing i do will keep it slicked down very well. i need to find a gel that holds without leaving a heavy build-up and actually moisturizes.

I know we have already determined that our hair curls are different but I put Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue on my hair when I want to pull it back (just on the top, not the ends) and then tie my hair down with a silk scarf for about 30-45 mins. This sets my hair good ALL DAY and it moisturizes it as well. When I get home after work, I usually take out my bun and wear my hair out wild and it looks great!!

I know we have already determined that our hair curls are different but I put Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue on my hair when I want to pull it back (just on the top, not the ends) and then tie my hair down with a silk scarf for about 30-45 mins. This sets my hair good ALL DAY and it moisturizes it as well. When I get home after work, I usually take out my bun and wear my hair out wild and it looks great!!

:shopping: time to shop

I took my LF off and took my hair down right after work today. My mom saw it and said "ummm...why don't you just get a perm?it'll be so long and pretty"

hey HairLab...here's a picture for ya!!! :lachen:

I'm so proud of my little curl at the bottom!!

Attachments

• 10 weeks 006.jpg
    10 weeks 006.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 172
just difficult/impossible on relaxed hair. As soon as you big chop, the weightless texture from that relaxed hair will take it's form. Your hair would have to be many many months out like sylver2's

an unaltered curl pattern means free of shampoos, conditioners, chemicals, tension, etc. Your hair will bounce back/ shrink & curl up like a spring

The state it's in now you'll kill yourself trying to figure it out! even then there's no reward!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Yeah I kinda figured I was fighting a losing battle at this point lol. I'm in this for the long haul so I'm sure MUCH further down the line, I won't be stressing myself out like crazy over this :lachen:

i'm just happy to be among other curly girls no matter what their curl pattern....it's nice not being the only one with racially ambigious hair....

May I ask, how do you guys get your hair to go down? Mine only wants to go out to the sides. I've tried everything, but my hair seems to have a mind of its own.

May I ask, how do you guys get your hair to go down? Mine only wants to go out to the sides. I've tried everything, but my hair seems to have a mind of its own.

Mine goes down on its own- I have to fluff it to give it volume unfortunately. I didnt expect that when I was transitioning.

Back