“insert” 3C/4A (mixed texture only) pics here ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

I'm like 4A/3C like 60% is 4A and 40%is 3C but its 100% frizzy and coarse!
lhcf5.jpg

EPSN0002-2.jpg

Photo15.jpg

EPSN0162.jpg

Photo37.jpg

Photo50.jpg

Twistouts
Photo26.jpg

softtwistout.jpg

More pics in fotki

The very canopy of mine is 3c and the rest is 4a
Transitioning
may17waves-vi.jpg

Comparison of wet, naked hair from big chop and going on 6 months later
nakedhaircomp.jpg

Wet and naked 24 days ago
sideofhair-vi.jpg

puffdry3-vi.jpg

5-23-semitop-shot.html

Most recent:
5_23_topshot2-vi.jpg

I wonder what it'll look like in a year's time? My 1 year nappiversary is in a month! :grin: It's NOW starting to hang. How long was it until you ladies got some hang time? My stretched hair is about lip in the front, chin length at the sides, collar bone in the back.

Hey! I think our hair looks very similar in texture. I don't have a good cam so I don't have the closeup pics like you do but my hair looks JUST like alot of your pics in person.

Hey! I think our hair looks very similar in texture. I don't have a good cam so I don't have the closeup pics like you do but my hair looks JUST like alot of your pics in person.
I was scrolling by your pictures and was JUST about to say that until I saw you quoted mine as well!! :lachen:
Your hair is lovely!! I found a hair twin. YAY!!!

Not really into hair typing, but here goes:
*DELETE*
I've gotten extremely paranoid about having my pics in the public areas of the forum.

Last edited:
Not sure if my pics are showing. 4a in crown, 3c all around.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20100616_3.jpg
    Snapshot_20100616_3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 402
  • Snapshot_20100616_8.jpg
    Snapshot_20100616_8.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 415
  • Snapshot_20100616_7.jpg
    Snapshot_20100616_7.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 335
  • Snapshot_20100616_2.jpg
    Snapshot_20100616_2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 338
Do I belong here or in the 3C thread? Not very familiar with hair typing I guess. Please let me know if I need more pics and what you think so that I can find my home and update my signature if needed. Thanks!!

Attachments

• HairType.jpg
    HairType.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 268
Do I belong here or in the 3C thread? Not very familiar with hair typing I guess. Please let me know if I need more pics and what you think so that I can find my home and update my signature if needed. Thanks!!

It looks like you belong here or the 4a thread. But it's hard to be exact becuz the relaxed hair weighs down the curl of the newgrowth. You won't be able to see your true curl pattern until you chop off the relaxer.

I'll take some more photos this weekend when I wash again and try to hold up my lazy, relaxed ends. I love the wave pattern whenever I put my hair back in a ponytail but I'm a little leery of that style because I don't want to break at the holder line. Thanks so much NikStar!!

First pic is right after BC, the other pics are two months later (today) all damp/wet hair no product.

Attachments

• memorial 195.jpg
    memorial 195.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 127
  • hair june10 003.jpg
    hair june10 003.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 111
  • hair june10 006.jpg
    hair june10 006.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 114
  • hair june10 012.jpg
    hair june10 012.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 115
oh no its def some 4a within the depths of that puff lol maybe 3c/4a/slightly3b but i think 3b is a stretch...the top of my head has looser curls/waves but i think its too textured to be 3b and has more sheen as opposed to shine...idk hair types confuse me lol

Last edited:
Hi ladies. I'm 1 year post relaxer and doing a long term transition. I'm thinking I'm 3C/4A but not quite sure. Let me know if I'm in the right thread. :) (although know I won't be able to fully tell until I chop the relaxed ends).

Last edited:
Back