Innovative method to WL hair?

dyh080

What happened to the poster who was newly natural and thinking of using a different method to get to WL?
It was a few years back but I will paraphrase:
Basically, using the theory that it usually takes about 3 months before most people's hair locks up, she was going to install beginning locks, maybe using braids or twists, maintain them for 3 months, then remove them and start over every 3 months.
I remember some people saying they stay in braids that long anyhow and that it should work.

She said that way she would be manipulating her hair only 4 times a year.
After that I never saw her follow through. Any comments?

I can't recall which poster you are referring to but this is exactly what I'm currently doing. I don't post a lot about my regimen b/c this is an extremely unpopular method but I'm going to see how it works for me!

Starting 2010, I was APL and took my installs down 1-2 months. By the end of 2010 I was still APL. After a good trim and a lil' bit of hairnorixia, I couldn't seem to get past apl. I want to see a dramatic change so I'm trying something different! My current install has been in since November 24, 2010!!!!!! Yes, 11/24 - Present!!!

I'm a "silky" 4a/b (if that makes any sense). Meaning my hair is tightly coiled, does well to retain moisture but is dense, somewhat fragile (fine) and has that spongy feel. Which is why I believe this method works for me! It doesn't respond well to manipulation (relaxers, dye, chemicals, etc) but I can keep my cornrows in longer than average b/c of the natural "slip"

I'm taking my install down mid-March (which will be longer than 3 month). I have pics from starting 2010 - End of 2010...Keep in touch and I'll update you on my progress when I take my install down!

Disclaimer: This method won't work for everyone!!!!

Last edited:
Back