Ingredients that give you crazy softness

Hair type: 3abc, 4a
Porosity: normal/high
Density: medium
Strand thickness: fine

Powders: fenugreek, aloe vera
Butters: Shea, mango

The butters keep my ends pliable, especially during the cooler months. The powders are for the moisturization of my hair, which in turn makes my hair soft. I heard banana powder works for softness, but I never tried it.

Hair type: 4a/b (currently texlaxed)
Density: thick
Strands: fine

My current shea butter mix on top with a glycerin based product underneath is attributing to my current softness.

Specifically it's Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 so that includes glycerin and jojoba oil in it.

My mix has unrefined shea butter and just a teaspoon of the following combo: olive oil, evening primrose oil, sweet almond oil, nettle powder, fenugreek powder. It's really really working! I might play around with the oil ratio for a more whipped consistency. But other than that the softness is still shocking me.

Plugging Shea nilotica specifically. Regular Shea butters are just meh to me. Nilotica changed my life lol :love: .
also I like BTMS 25 and BTMS 50, gives a nice silky feel to the hair.
cetrimonium bromide is great too. It really smooths the cuticle. It’s in Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner.

I’m type 4, medium and thick strands. Normal porosity probably.

3b and 3c with areas that are naturally dead straight at the back (randomly) and much smoother, totally different (e.g. not high porosity).
95% of it is porous, thin but lots of it (is what Caucasian hairdressers say,
I just think they're not always used to the floofiness of it...
but in my family and among non-Caucasians -
I am considered to have less dense hair too (i.e. not as much as everyone else)
thinning at crown after wig usage (immediate difference - only wore them off and on for a handful of days).

Shea butter, Oshima Tsubaki camelia seed oil (previously used organic one from cooking aisle - not the same at all), giovanni 50/50 conditioner, nexxus city shield shampoo (compared to other shampoos), Cantu curl cream (from memory, haven't used for a year), a cheapie Aloe vera styling gel (will edit with the brand when I can find it)

Hair type: 3bc
Density: medium
Strand thickness: fine

Oils: Almond oil, Argan oil

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride

in conditioners/deep conditioners: Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed collagen, amino acids

Last edited:
Plugging Shea nilotica specifically. Regular Shea butters are just meh to me. Nilotica changed my life lol :love: .
cetrimonium bromide is great too. It really smooths the cuticle. It’s in Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner.

Oh yes! I ordered some of that from 3cayg yesterday. I ordered a small amount of the nilotica from an etsy vendor prior and used it up on my body only. I can't wait to try it on my hair

Oh yes! I had a small amount of nilotica and used it only on my body. I loved it. I ordered a pound from 3cayg the other day and I'm excited to try it on my hair.

Medium to fine-
3b3c combo hair

Babassu oil
Babassu butter
Shea Nilotica
Fenugreek
Aloe Vera plant gel/oil
Cactus Plant gel/oil
BTMS
Slippery Elm the inner bark
Marshmallow Root

Happy Hair Growing!
I haven’t heard of most of these...what is BTMS? . Fenugreek is so very cheap and my mom used to make tea out of its seeds if any of us were sick. It helps. I did not know you can use it for hair. thanks to OP for asking the question...seriously interesting answers!

I haven’t heard of most of these...what is BTMS? . Fenugreek is so very cheap and my mom used to make tea out of its seeds if any of us were sick. It helps. I did not know you can use it for hair. thanks to OP for asking the question...seriously interesting answers!

@bzb1990 Hello! BTMS,is a conditioning agent,emulsifier for both hair & skin..In other words it provides softening properties when applied on your skin/hair..

***I forgot to mention,that I use blackseed powder mixed with coconut milk or coconut powder & this helps to thicken & soften hair as well..

Happy Hair Growing!

Thank you!
I have blackseed oil in my pantry, and coconut milk too. That is something I can try without spending more money! :clap:

Oh thanks. I wasn't googling because I thought it might be an obscure herbal or traditional remedy.
Thanks.

Thank you!
I have blackseed oil in my pantry, and coconut milk too. That is something I can try without spending more money! :clap:

Oh thanks. I wasn't googling because I thought it might be an obscure herbal or traditional remedy.
Thanks.

@bzb1990 Your Welcome!!! Keep us posted with your results :)

Happy Hair Growing!

Back