Indigo turned gray hairs green?????

coyacoy

Say wha?! IKR!? so, i just did a two step henna then indigo process on my mom's hair for purposes of covering the gray. this is the third time i've colored her hair using these products; however, in the past we used the one step method. each of the other times it came out a beautiful black with some stubborn grays around the hairline that didn't color. Hence the reason we decided to go with the two step process this time around. but instead of those stubborn little grays staying gray (or turning black as desired and anticipated) they turned GREEN!!! WTF?! Truthfully, I am not terribly concerned or panicked because you can only see it in very good light; and she will be coming back to my house tomorrow to do the one step process along the hair line to correct the issue. in the meantime, i did a search about this to see whether anyone else experienced this and didn't find anything. so i was wondering whether anyone else has experieced this same issue with indigo turning gray hairs green?:perplexed weird

You need the Stain of the Henna for the Indigo to have something to "Grab" onto.

Are you sure you had all those little (grey) hairs sufficiently covered/stained with Henna so the Indigo would be able to attach itself?

Also, I use more Indigo/Less Henna during my 2 Step. Warm/Hot Water (not boiling) and a dash of Salt. Allow the Indigo to sit 5-10 minutes before applying.

thanks, IDareT'sHair!
......as it turns out that this was a false alarm....must have been residue because after we moisterized under the steamer the green was gone - thank goodness. makes sense in some strange way even though we washed the indigo out throughly using condish to assist. something about the steam helping to lift the residue i guess......so disregard it's all G-double-O-D :grin:

as a side though, i used henna that had been frozen from last month and i normally make fresh - not sure if that made it less potenent(sp?)?

thank you, IDareT'sHair, for the response!!:yep:

Last edited:
Back