Indigo in NYC?

LongLeggedLife

Havent been successful in finding it in store in ATL, and was wondering if there is somewhere convenient I could pick it up while I'm in NYC...
Thanks ladies...Manhattan area would be good, but Bronx/Harlem is ok too...

ETA: While I'm thinking about it, maybe you all could name the best Dominican salons as well??

Last edited:
28th street in Manhattan has some Indian grocery stores where i got henna and indigo from

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I went to all the main indian groceries listed in NYC to get indigo, even bought some and tested, they werent real indigo, just henna mixes...

you can kall Kenzihenna (go to her website) in BK , she does mehendi and sells real indigo for 6 dollars/100gs...

I was kind of in a rush and didnt feel like going to BK so I broke down and bought my indigo online

Last edited:
Kalustyan's
123 Lexington NY NY
Between east 27th street and east 28th

Little India stores Inc.
128 east 27th street NY NY

There are a few more Indian stores that u will pass in the area

I went to all the main indian groceries listed in NYC to get indigo, even bought some and tested, they werent real indigo, just henna mixes...

you can kall Kenzihenna (go to her website) in BK , she does mehendi and sells real indigo for 6 dollars/100gs...

I was kind of in a rush and didnt feel like going to BK so I broke down and bought my indigo online

I bought indigo from the stores I listed above and it was fine.

Really??? were they labeled "black henna"? could you show a picture of the exact powder you bought, or a description of the powder (if it isnt to much hassle)...I bought from those stores, tested and even posted a thread, and they werent real:nono: they stained my paper towels a reddish or dark brown...

....Yes, they would color you hair a very dark brown or black but thats actually the color they are meant to stain you because they are mixed with other plants and possible PPD...

When I say real indigo I mean the powder that would stain white paper blue...

Last edited:
Really??? were they labeled "black henna"? could you show a picture of the exact powder you bought, or a description of the powder (if it isnt to much hassle)...I bought from those stores, tested and even posted a thread, and they werent real:nono: they stained my paper towels a reddish or dark brown...

....Yes, they would color you hair a very dark brown or black but thats actually the color they are meant to stain you because they are mixed with other plants and possible PPD...

When I say real indigo I mean the powder that would stain white paper blue...

Yea I'll try to find the bag of indigo when i get home. i bought it months ago and it came in a clear bag without a description so i did the same test with the paper towel to make sure it was real. i used it once and it was ok, just to grainy for me. some of the indian stores in manhattan do have the "fake" henna and the BAQ henna. You just have to be sure u get the right one. i used jamilla henna

Back