Inching closer to MBL PIC!!

Kellum

I was doing Spring Twist in my hair, but stopped and took them out. I just had too much new growth to deal with and it was taking too long to do. The twisting past my hair was taking forever and I had a wedding to go to. I will try them again probably when I am about 3 weeks post. It will be easier then.

Any who I had to do something to my hair in less than 3 hours. I broke out my Maxiglide and got to work. I just wanted to look presentable. I did a quick flat iron on my 12 weeks post hair, cross wrapped for a few mins to flatten my roots and here are the results. It looked pretty good despite the fact that I rushed through it and my roots were not straight.Oh and I didn't use the plates wit the teeth. I used the smooth plate and I think I like it better.

CIMG0156-1.jpg

This is the first time I have flat ironed my hair since Dec. 2009. I was very pleased to see that it was growing back nicely from my 1 1/2 inch trim I got in Dec. I had a whole lot of layers in my hair and that made my ends look thin as my bottom layers grew and my top tried to catch up. I got her to trim those off. They are not completely gone, but most of them are. My shortest layers on top is SL.

I wear my bra low so technically I think I can claim BSB length. I will wait until my touch up in April to be sure. When I get to my bra, I should be at MBL. I also realized today that I am suffering from hair anorexia. My hair just didn't seem long to me. Having layers in my hair doesn't help that. That's my short little update. My 1 year anniversary is April 16th. I hope to be closer to that bra. :)

ETA: I'm 5'9" and I think my back is long or seems long to me.

Woo Hoo you go girl:woot:You are almost there, I know you are excited:yep:

Yes, I am excited. I didn't realize how close I was until I took the pic. I hadn't done a comparison since Dec. 2009. I'm hoping I can make it to MBL by Aug. 2010. I have my fingers crossed.

At the rate you are going now, I have no doubt that you will make it by Aug, I remember when you had to do a trim and yet you are still on target.

At the rate you are going now, I have no doubt that you will make it by Aug, I remember when you had to do a trim and yet you are still on target.

Yeah I believe so too. I had originally hoped to be make it by April my 1 year anniversary, but my trim set me back a little. That's okay, I needed that trim. My goals aren't set in stone. I just keep pushing along. Hair is going to grow. :)

Looks like you need less than 3 inches to get there so I have no doubt you'll be there in a few months. Beautiful hair!

WOW ! Kellum ! Great Progress !:grin:

Your Hair Looks Amazing......thanks for sharing

Very Encouraging & Inspirational...

:woot: Keep on keeping on! Glad that your hair anorexia isn't keeping you from realizing your progress. Mbl is impressive, esp at 5'9

:woot: Keep on keeping on! Glad that your hair anorexia isn't keeping you from realizing your progress. Mbl is impressive, esp at 5'9

Thanks, that's what I'm going to do. I used to when I first started watch my hair like a hawk, but now I don't. My hair likes to be left alone and it just does it thing. The hair anorexia is a trip. I know my hair is a good length, but it just doesn't feel long at all. I just wanted to give the taller ladies a little encouragement. It does seem like it take a while for us to reach our goals because of our height. It can be accomplished.

Back