In what state is your hair when....

soslychic

you color or highlight?
Is hair supposed to be damp, dry, freshly washed or do you have to wait a few days after washing?

For you naturals, is your hair pressed when you highlight? It just seems that it would be easier this way? Especially if you use the cap? And is there a maximum length your hair can be when you use the cap method. TIA!

Hi Soslychic ~

My hair isn't natural, it's chemically-relaxed but I wash my hair at least the day before (you don't have to wait several days but don't wash your hair the day of). I've never used the cap method, though. I always had it colored and/or highlighted by a professional colorist at the salon. HTH!

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
you color or highlight?
Is hair supposed to be damp, dry, freshly washed or do you have to wait a few days after washing?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. Some haircolor boxes, well, I know T&T did this, ask that you wash your hair about a day before coloring. When going to the salon to get my hair dyed, I wash mine about 2-4 days beforehand.

The one time I got highlights, my stylist asked me to come to the salon with my hair relatively straight and dry. I doubt there is a maximum length for using the cap method, but you should probably ask a professional (stylist or call the company of the color) to make sure.

Back