In search of no protein deep moisturizing conditioner for natural 4b hair.

dlove

Please submit your suggestions for a moisturizing conditioner ( not a leave in) with no protein. I'm looking for an all natural one if possible.

I'm also looking for one with slip and ease of combability when I come it wet after shampooing. This is especially important because I lost about 6 quarter size balls of hair every time I washed my hair for the last 10 washes.

I've tried Sleek and smooth and chloestoral (now this was good, but the sulfates in it:nono:... I was afraid that it was going to eventually dry and thin my hair out).

For a deep conditioner with protein, I'm using GP Aubrey Organics
For reconstructor, I recently purchased generic Joico K-Pak from sally's.
I need a moisturizing conditioner.

Submit your tried and true...

Thanks in advance!
DLove

Last edited:
I use Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose for deep conditioning. It keeps my hair nice and moist. :yep:

Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner....amazing for moisture, especially for a few hours or overnight (or for an hour while working out). Not super slippy but pretty easy to comb through.

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner....can be doctored up to make it a deep conditioner. Amazing slip and you can leave it in if you want. Perfect for detangling because it's not too thick...that's why it also works as a leave in/moisturizer.

Neutrogena Triple Moisture deep conditoning mask, it comes in a jar (cream with brown writing, great smell). Back when I used it, the slip was really great. It's kind of expenisve for the jar considering I used to cowash with it and it really only lasted for two cowashes (I'm really heavy handed). But, this was before the hair boards and it really had my hair in great condition.

Homemade caramel treatment (honey, banana, olive oil, blackstrap molasses, wheat germ oil, acv). Great great great moisturizing treatment for dry hair. Elongates the curl a bit too. Not super slippy (depending on how much of each ingredient you put in) but I LOVE it on my hair, especially after I've allowed my hair to airdry into a shrunken fro every day for a week. Search for the "Yum...Caramel" thread and use the recipe posted by SamanthaJones67. Oh and blackstrap molasses isn't a protein but it does mimic one. It's not super strong (it's great for stopping breakage) but I suppose you could leave it out if you don't want any protein like effects.

Hope this helps!

Jessicurl weekly deep conditioning treatment....Im not natural, but I do stretch for 5 plus months and this stuff really moisturizes my 4b NG.

I've used all of these with success. They have no protein whatsoever:
* Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol
* GVP Conditioning Balm
* Pantene Relaxed&Natural Mask
* Proclaim Shea&Aloe Deep Conditioner

I'm a huge fan of Matrix Biolage Ultra Hydrating Conditioning Balm
for a cheapie, I would suggest Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner

i use AO HSR for moisture, but I admit that it gives me no slip. so after I DC with it, I use Aussie Moist which gives AMAZING slip (and I'm mostly 4b). Its not all natural, but it gets the job done. (plus it smells better than AO imo, i'm not a fan of that flowery scent)

Thank you all for your recommendations.

Because I needed this moisturizer like yesterday, I choose Yes to Carrots Hair Mask.

The Verdict...

AWESOME, Simply Fantastic. This conditioner made my DD and I hair feel softer immediately. I clarifyied with with baking soda first. Then shampoo'd with Desert Essence facial wash ( I use this as a shampoo) DC'd with Generic Joico Kpak, and then the Yes to Carrots hair mask.

My seemed to singing praises. I had slip like nobody's business. I only only had one quarter size ball of hair coming from my Denman. 5-6 hairs from my wide tooth comb.

Special thanks to you, Laurynashley, for recommending Yes to Carrots.

Dlove

Last edited:
Back