IN SEARCH OF: Atlanta-based Stylist....

westNDNbeauty

...who won't break my pockets.

I want to get a bohyme curly weave sew in. Really don't want to pay a great deal of money for the sew-in since I don't know if I will be able to stand having a weave. But I also want to make sure my hair is still intact when I take out the weave.

Dolls, help me out!

Willing to pay no more than $100 for a full sew in with some hair out I will purchase the hair myself.

Last edited:
You might want to check out the Salon Review thread on the Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards page (it's right below the Natural Living discussion board thread). I JUST found out about it today, and saw two really good salon recommendations for the city I live in. It's big but it's no Atlanta. I know I saw plenty of Atlanta recommendations. Check it out.

Yes Unique Monique is good I love her. Shawnda is running specials now for i think 150, but sign up for her email list and she maybe able to send you the specials she has right now. Her website is Shawndadee.com. But yes Unique Monique is now $175.

I know she helped me with taking care of my hair underneath when I was going to her and planning on going back to her.(Shawnda)

Also be careful looking for people that do weaves for $100 I just took out hair that didnt even last me a good 3 weeks :( and i spent more on the hair then getting my hair done. Within the first week my wefts had already lifted and I had to have a girlfriend sew it back in. When she went to sew it back in she said the thread wasn't even the thread that people use for sewins. Also when a person isn't clean with dryer attachments and combs I get scalp sores and I had that also. Try craigslist but just be careful though.

Yes Unique Monique is good I love her. Shawnda is running specials now for i think 150, but sign up for her email list and she maybe able to send you the specials she has right now. Her website is Shawndadee.com. But yes Unique Monique is now $175.

I know she helped me with taking care of my hair underneath when I was going to her and planning on going back to her.(Shawnda)

Also be careful looking for people that do weaves for $100 I just took out hair that didnt even last me a good 3 weeks :( and i spent more on the hair then getting my hair done. Within the first week my wefts had already lifted and I had to have a girlfriend sew it back in. When she went to sew it back in she said the thread wasn't even the thread that people use for sewins. Also when a person isn't clean with dryer attachments and combs I get scalp sores and I had that also. Try craigslist but just be careful though.

On Shawnda's website I see that its $265. The $150 must be a member's special.

I cosign for Shawnda. She has been doing my weaves for 2yrs and takes care of my hair underneath. I'm not sure if she is accepting new clients. But send her an email [email protected]. If so, I believe she will honor you the $150 price.

Back