In Search of a Deep Conditioner. Suggestions Please!!

MaintaintheSexy

My hair is 4a/4b, neck length and in need desperate of some TLC. I really need moisture because I went overboard with the protein. I am currently wearing braids but I am taking them out soon and will need to wash my hair. I want to begin cowashes and DCs to up my moisture levels but I need a really good deep conditioner. Do you ladies have any suggestions? Thanks. :newbie:

Girl...There are too many great DC's out there. Do a search and you'll see so many threads on this exact subject and many recommendations.

My personal recommendations are Silicon Mix, AO GPB, Alfaparf Rigen, Pantene IMC....etc

If you get a steamer, it doesn't matter what DC you use. Da steamer makes everything a great DC.

I'm just sayin :look:

Silk Elements Moisturising Treatment is an excellent moisture condish. It is so bliss the first time you try it. You can purchase little sachets (packs) from Sally's if you don't want to buy the jar.

I tried a really good one for the first time last night, Cream of Nature Jojoba Olive Oil deep treatment.

I didn't like the smell but the product penetrates amazingly and my hair felt really good after.

The directions say to leave on for 20 minutes, I used it with heat for 25. I will be using it again.

I love Karen's Body Beautiful Deep Conditioner & Aubrey Organics GPB. If your hair needs something w/ a little more punch, I would suggest the Luscious Locks Hair Mask (also from Karen's Body Beautiful).

The steam treatment is a great way to do a deep condition. There are several long threads on the board about it. You can do a home grown steam treatment if you don't have a steamer. Another option is using a bonnet dryer to do your deep-conditioning treatments. I have a soft bonnet ionic dryer that leaves my hair feeling almost like I've had a steam treatment.

my personal favorites:

aussie moist
matrix biolage conditioning balm (or the sally's gvp version)
lustrasilk cholesterol with shea butter

Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner (I leave it in longer than 3 minutes).

Back