In need of a DEEEPPP Conditioner

Just DCed my hair yesterday with Giovanni Nutrafix and Giovanni 2Chic Ultra Moisturizing Conditioner...and recieved my LIFE!

This combo is ridiculous...

Thanks girl I was at whole foods and they had a sale on giovanni I love it! It save my hair so soft after wash and it feels great. Now I have to find a hair butter for my hair

Aubrey's condtioners cause they are uber moisturizing....please note most very moisturizinf condishes don't have slip.

I suggest:
Honeysuckle Rose
Island Naturals
J.A.Y
GBP

I also hear that the Rose Marqueta ( may ahve spelled it wrong or called it the wrong name) one is amazing as well.

Vitamin Shoppe & Vitacost.com have them cheapest.

The 2chic moisturizing conditioner is not bad at all. I tried it over the weekend and really like it. I'm glad to hear it comes in a larger size.

I love embelleze novex brand deep conditioners. They are worth the money. My favorite one is the recovering mix and the olive oil but all of em are pretty good. I use them with heat or sometines as a leave in. The make my detangling a breeze.

@CodeRed

Yes, girl, I know!

They sell it at Whole Foods in this size!

But thanks for the info! Real recognize real!

I have it in my stash, haven't used it yet but almost did a happy dance when I saw they sold it in a bigger size. You guys don't realize the psychosomatic affect you have on people. :lol:

Be careful after you take down your weave -- I'm late chiming in but if it was me, I wouldn't use ANY shampoo (clarifying or otherwise) or apply any heat (air dry if you can or roller set if you must) for at least one wash cycle. (I had to do a buzz cut after a horrendous post-weave experience so this is a subject that is near and dear to my heart!) After that, I would:

1) Do a hard core protein conditioner (following directions to the let-ter!) My favs are: Nexxus Emergencee, Aphogee 2 Step, Vitale Revitalizer. (You already know that you have to follow with moisturizing conditioner - yada, yada.) If you have never done hard core protein before -- now is NOT the time to experiment -- go to a good stylist, watch and learn.

2) The next week I would do something less intense but serious nonetheless - e.g.: Salerm Wheatgerm, Frederic Fekkai Deep, Yogurt/Brahmi/BJCO mix.

3) Then around week three, I would do a lot of moisture (e.g., Alter Ego) and then go back to your normal routine and just add oils (coconut, olive, sesame, Briharanj) to your regular conditioner. Sit under the dryer for at least 30 minutes. (If you don't have time, do your hair another day.)

The thing I hated about weaves (notwithstanding growth when I took care of hair underneath) was the way that it can damage the texture of your hair. (Mine is fine, 3c - ish -- I dunno for sure, I was never good with types.) Anyway, unless you REALLY follow the protocol for moisturizing your own hair before install and while you're wearing the weave, it takes a little life out of your hair. Ironically, after taking it down, intense moisture right away is not the answer -- it's the protein that brings it back to life.

If you weren't that great about, e.g., spraying hair with Braid Spray, keeping scalp in good shape, etc., it can take a minute to get your hair back on point. Hair is extremely fragile after it's been left alone under all that thread and weft material and the hair dye in the extensions. If it's actually making noise (???!!! LOL - with you, not at you.) Anyway, just be patient - don't try to do it all in one week. It's a process ... you CAN get it back and better than before.

HTH

Back