In Criticism of Giovanni Direct Leave-In

Has Giovanni Direct given you problems? (ex: crunchiness, tangling, or matting)

• Total voters
Giovanni Direct worked great for my transitioning hair, but has too high a protein content for me as a leave-in. My hair prefers butters as a leave-in anyway.
I just use as a regular rinse-out conditioner and it works well for that.
ok...I didnt know it was a protein leave in:nono:

:lachen:@ the future uses.

GD doesn't do anything for my hair except sit on it.

I use Aveda Be Curly with a little WGO added as a leave-in. It doesn't do anything for curl def. for me, but it keeps my hair moisturized.

I use this as the leave in for right aftre I rinse out my deep conditioner and before I start my twists(with QB products). GDLI helps me keeps the dryness at bay until I want to start doing my hair again

I checked the natural box even though I'm still transitioning since most of the hair on my head is natural. I used it and hated it.

I now use Nexxus Humectress as a leave-in. I dilute some in a spray bottle and use it before bunning.

i found giovanni direct to be really great for braidouts, i love the way it makes my hair look (frizz free and moisturized). the liquid leave in isnt that exciting though. I've tried ALOT of stuff (I'm beyond a super PJ) and i was just thinking yesterday, that GD is my favorite b/c it smells good, has mostly natural/organic ingredients, and it leaves my hair moisturized. btw - i am 4a,3c transitioner and i havent tried the GD mixed with oil, but i do rub oil on my hair after appying it.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but maybe you can sell it on the exchange board or eBay so that you can get your money back!

*gasp* I'm soooo sorry it didn't work for you :perplexed

I must say, I always use GD on extremely wet hair. I actually apply it in the shower after I've washed my hair, and have never had it end up feeling hard or crunchy...

HTH...

Didn't do anything for me, either. However, I'm sure that there are products that I swear by and can't live without that are Devil Incarnate with most women on this forum. I guess we're all different in that way...:yep:

Didn't do anything for me, either. However, I'm sure that there are products that I swear by and can't live without that are Devil Incarnate with most women on this forum. I guess we're all different in that way...:yep:

Yeah...I love me some pink oil...:eyebrows2

:eek:

Just kidding lol.:grinwink:

I'm in love with this stuff and it actually helps my natural hair feel softer. I only use it post-shampoo or CW but I haven't had any problems out of it and I've been using it for well over six months. Just goes to show, everything isn't for everyone :nono:

I don't like the Direct as much as the 50:50 conditioner. I use the latter after a wash and go, followed by almond/avocado oil to seal and my hair loves it. The Direct.... not really so good IMO

Sorry it didnt work for you Sonce! It is my holy grail creamy leave in I also like Bumble and Bumble Leave in. It was formulated with 4 hair types in mind.

Ya'll don't really understand how disheartening this is to read. I'm under the dryer as I type dc'ing with some Kenra (for the first time), and sitting beside the Kenra on the bathroom counter waiting to be put on my hair (for the first time) as soon as I detangle is: yep, you guessed it: Giovanni Direct. :lachen: Now I'm scared. lol I guess you can't win for losing these days....

This stuff is dreamy on my hair. It's slowly replacing my beloved Elucence MBC as my mostest favoritest leave-in.

GDL did nothing for my hair but dry it out. I ordered both GDL and Lacio Lacio at the same time and I much prefer LL.

Ya'll don't really understand how disheartening this is to read. I'm under the dryer as I type dc'ing with some Kenra (for the first time), and sitting beside the Kenra on the bathroom counter waiting to be put on my hair (for the first time) as soon as I detangle is: yep, you guessed it: Giovanni Direct. :lachen: Now I'm scared. lol I guess you can't win for losing these days....

Don't be disheartened just yet! Just because some folks don't care for it doesn't mean that it won't work for you. Giovanni Direct works wonders for my hair. It may do the same for you! :yep:

I'm relaxed and I only ordered 3 16 oz bottles:grin: I first put in on dirty hair and thought "ok, this only works on clean hair". Then the clean hair got hard and waxy feeling too. I put some from the bottles only on my fingers - and yep - got that same waxy feeling. Fortunately, Vitamin Shoppe took then back!!!

Sorry it didn't work for you! Its so great on my hair, but I only use it when I wash every 5 days. I am with zzirving, I only use it in the shower after dc on soaking wet hair.

It's one of my staples. I don't use alot though. "Slathering" it on your hair may be a bit much.

How dare you criticize the almighty Giovanni Direct Leave-In???!!!! :mad: :evil:

LOL... guess that's why so many hair products exist... there's no one holy grail.

Have you tried Elucence Moisture Balancing? I'm discovering that Elucence is better for me when I'm in cold/dry climates (extra moisturizing) and Giovanni is better in wet, humid climates.

I discovered Giovanni when I lived in hot-*** Florida and hated Elucence, but now I like Elucence much better in the Michigan winters. Same for when I traveled to Arizona and Las Vegas.

I just bought my liter bottle after I went through the small one. I let my ponytail air dry and it was a little crunchy. But I just fingercombed my hair to braid it up for the night and it was so nice and soft!!!! I love this stuff!!! I didnt know it was a protein leave in though!

pantene leave in works absolute wonders for my hair. Been using it for 10 years. your hair would never be hard with this stuff.

*gasp* I'm soooo sorry it didn't work for you :perplexed

I must say, I always use GD on extremely wet hair. I actually apply it in the shower after I've washed my hair, and have never had it end up feeling hard or crunchy...

HTH...
Same here. I use it right out of the shower with dripping hair (after deep conditioning with Humectin or Humectress) and my hair is protein sensitive. I wonder if it depends on what is already in the hair before GD.

I recently purchased the Gionvani Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor. Has anyone used this? I haven't tried it yet, but since it was only $5, I decided to pick it up because I remembered the name being mentioned quite constantly on the boards.

I recently purchased the Gionvani Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor. Has anyone used this? I haven't tried it yet, but since it was only $5, I decided to pick it up because I remembered the name being mentioned quite constantly on the boards.

Good stuff! I usually mix this with my elucence con, add some oil, and DC with it.

MV

G D and L L were just aight on my hair I will not b restock if u know wat I mean :nono:. I had to try them both thought cause they have been on my "list" for a while now.

Back