IMPORTANT: Sephora NY Stores No Longer Carrying Phytospecific Products!!!!

NYLegalNewbie

I just came from the Times Square Sephora and got some bad news. It appears that Sephora stores (at least, the ones in NYC), will no longer be carrying the Phytospecific line!

I asked them WHY and they said they had NO IDEA why the company decided to do this considering that it is one of their best selling lines. They said that this is not the first time the company has done this. They did it once before and there was such an outcry from customers and management, that they put it back on the shelves.

Only offering products online isn't new to Sephora. I know that a line of cosmetics called Pout, which is very popular, is now only sold online.

As far as I can tell, Phytospecific products are still available for sale online.

I'm going to keep an eye out on this to see if this remains the case.

If anyone goes to an NYC location where this is NOT the case, let me know. But the salespeople appeared to indicate that this was citywide.

Last edited:
That sucks but I have a source in NYC that carries Phyto
Peter Louis Salon.. They also have a website.

That sucks but I have a source in NYC that carries Phyto
Peter Louis Salon.. They also have a website.

I'd like to clarify that Sephora stores still have PHYTO but NOT PHYTOSPECIFIC. They are two different lines of products created by the same company.

(Note to the above poster: I'm sure you knew that I meant Phytospecific, but I just wanted to make sure other folks knew the difference.)

They still sell it in NYC!!! Go to any Ricky's store!!! I went there this past week looking for my Halloween costume, and I realized that they now sell Phytospecific. I was shocked cause I've never seen it in stores.They have the relaxer and several other items. The relaxer was about $57 or so. Check them out there! They specific Rickys that I saw it at was on E. 20th St and Third Ave in the city. HTH!!

They still sell it in NYC!!! Go to any Ricky's store!!! I went there this past week looking for my Halloween costume, and I realized that they now sell Phytospecific. I was shocked cause I've never seen it in stores.They have the relaxer and several other items. The relaxer was about $57 or so. Check them out there! They specific Rickys that I saw it at was on E. 20th St and Third Ave in the city. HTH!!

Thanks for the info...but the post was meant to indicate to everyone that SEPHORA may not be carrying Phytospecific anymore. Not that nowhere in NYC was carrying it.

I'd like to clarify that Sephora stores still have PHYTO but NOT PHYTOSPECIFIC. They are two different lines of products created by the same company.

(Note to the above poster: I'm sure you knew that I meant Phytospecific, but I just wanted to make sure other folks knew the difference.)

:yep: I did mean Phytospecific. Thanks for clarifying!

I just came from the Times Square Sephora and got some bad news. It appears that Sephora stores (at least, the ones in NYC), will no longer be carrying the Phytospecific line!

I asked them WHY and they said they had NO IDEA why the company decided to do this considering that it is one of their best selling lines. They said that this is not the first time the company has done this. They did it once before and there was such an outcry from customers and management, that they put it back on the shelves.

Only offering products online isn't new to Sephora. I know that a line of cosmetics called Pout, which is very popular, is now only sold online.

As far as I can tell, Phytospecific products are still available for sale online.

I'm going to keep an eye out on this to see if this remains the case.

If anyone goes to an NYC location where this is NOT the case, let me know. But the salespeople appeared to indicate that this was citywide.[/quote]

Sorry. I thought thats what you meant based on the way you worded the bolded part in your original post. I thought you meant it is not being sold anywhere in the city, only online. In any case, at least you know there is a place where you can still walk in and buy it and not have to wait for shipping. :)

Sorry. I thought thats what you meant based on the way you worded the bolded part in your original post. I thought you meant it is not being sold anywhere in the city, only online. In any case, at least you know there is a place where you can still walk in and buy it and not have to wait for shipping. :)

No problem. I figured that was the case :grin:

Personally, when I can buy something from Sephora, that's where I go because they have one of the most phenomenal return policies. I HATE buying anything from Ricky's because their return policy is sh*tty. You can't try stuff for a bit and then bring it back if you don't like it. At Sephora, as long as you haven't practically used up the product, if you hate it or it stops working for you, you can bring it back.

No problem. I figured that was the case :grin:

Personally, when I can buy something from Sephora, that's where I go because they have one of the most phenomenal return policies. I HATE buying anything from Ricky's because their return policy is sh*tty. You can't try stuff for a bit and then bring it back if you don't like it. At Sephora, as long as you haven't practically used up the product, if you hate it or it stops working for you, you can bring it back.

Really? Wow!! Thats what's up!! LOL! :yep:

Back